Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Let's fight

Posted by Don M 
Let's fight
January 12, 2002 03:47AM
I figured that would get your attention.

OK, here are the plans for the new car (which turned 1 month old <31 days> today).

As soon as the weather permits, I am going to do the following:

1) detail wash it to within an inch of it's life
2) grab some Meguiar's #7 and go over the every inch of the car with an orbital buffer.
3) I am going to put at least 3 coats (at 1 hour intervals) of Finish First on my car..... [www.finishfirstusa.com] .....followed by a coat or two of Mother's pure Caruaba

3a) maybe some Liquid Glass, also followed by a coat or two of Mother's pure Carnuaba

opinions, comments, flames?

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Re: Let's fight
January 12, 2002 03:53AM
You'll have the most protected Cavalier that I have ever touched! Enjoy your show winning results!
January 12, 2002 04:57PM
don, the guysat waxtest.com seem to think that the finish first and the liquid glass are the same product. they don't come outright and say it, but they add it smells the same, applies the same and all results were pretty much the same for both in the tests they did.. i have used the liquid glass before-always with the lg pre-cleaner and it did fine. i never really tried to layer this product though. and i have seen the finish first around locally, but can't remember where.btw, i can't get the waxtest.com site up anymore, it might still be down. didn't know if you had a chance to check it out yet.
January 12, 2002 07:45PM
Finish First and Zaino Bros are the ones that are supposed to be the same stuff. I've written to both FF, and Liquid Glass (and they wrote me back pretty quick) LG says they know nothing about Finish First, and Finish First says that LG is a very good product but not as good as their's...odd that they would say something like that winking smiley

Liquid Glass is carbon based, Finish First (according to them) is fully synthetic. I've used (and like) both, and there IS a definite difference in the way they apply & react to different things. Even in the way they act when you go to remove the cured haze, they are totally different.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login