Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Micro fiber issues...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Micro fiber issues...
December 19, 2001 03:24PM
WE would like to apoligize for the concerns on the microfiber issues that were stated earlier in the week. NOT REALLY!

It is nothing personal but we have received many samples of these towels from all parts of the world & have still came up with the same results. We conduct a very serious product testing on each new product & are not afraid in trying a new product that arrives on the market.

This note reflects Dans note on his uses for this such product. Where are you purchasing your microfiber towels from? What color are they? Yes, you can use a terry cloth towel or maybe a diaper to remove your first pass across the surface to take off the product. Following this you then can use the microfiber cloth to remove any leftover remains. I do agree that this method works but am still concern using it first instead of the cotton towel.

Maybe this product just wasn't meant to be used as a first attempt on removing any polish or wax on a vehicles surface. Maybe it is most good for intended use in the everyday household uses.

I still want to do more testing, I don't know why.....it's just I don't want this towel to beat me. They are costly because they are still new into the business. People don't realize that there are many different fiber counts with these microfiber towels.

I think if we put our heads together on this issue & product, we can conclude our findings on the exactly right microfiber towel. My main concern here is to find out who exactly started the microfiber towel industry. This is where I will need others support on finding out this information.

Always thinking of this board,

Todd Arroyo
c/o Toddco Bodywerkes

P.S. Where's the tissue......
Re: Micro fiber issues...
December 19, 2001 04:05PM
beleive it or not, (i think ron k. mentioned it)these towels are all made in korea or china. most that i have seen indicate this but there has got to be somebody making these things in the U.S.A.(maybe just wishful thinking)i have quite a few with the best being made by s.m. arnold. these, i know aren't the plush viper,ultimate towels, miracle towels etc. but do a good job. only complaint on the s.m. arnold towels are the small size.
December 20, 2001 03:16AM
I like using the mf towel for final touch up on windows. I just spray a light mist on the glass and wipe for a perfect clean glass. They are no good for the initinal cleaning of the glass because they don't absorb very well. Other than that I have'nt found any other use for them.
Dan
December 20, 2001 04:11AM
Do you use a surgical towel initially? Then follow up with the microfiber. I find a surgical towel and stoners invisible glass to only require a few swipes with no streaking. Have you tried this? Works great for me
Dan
December 20, 2001 04:20AM
You should just stick to what youre using. The microfiber works great for me because I use Klasse "aio" and the product does not make dust much at all. When a customer requests a coat of wax over the Klasse, I use #26 and remove with a terry. I then go over with a Microfiber to do the final wiping of the body.

If you are still interested I get my plush microfiber towels from Ron Ketcham's company, it is called Valugaurd, the ofer 4 towels for about $11, they are the best ones I have tried and a great price to. Maybe Ron will send you a sample towel, but I doubt it, because of all the microfiber bashing!LOL.

P.S. Its only detailing not rocket science, if something doesnt work, then don't look back!
December 20, 2001 05:23AM
Yes I use the blue surgical towels for the initinal cleaning of the glass. I use a 50:1 cleaner for this time of year. I'm still looking for a HOT weather glass cleaner. Have not found any that work well in 110 deg. temp. Maybe I'll try the Stoners next year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login