Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Proper New Car Paint Care

Posted by bugatti-girl 
Proper New Car Paint Care
March 27, 2003 04:43AM
Hi there everyone---
You all seem so helpful ---that I have finally got the courage up to ask my dorkey question....

Please be patient with me -- BUT i bought this new truck about 6 months ago --and have used this Maguire's Fast detailing after some of my washings.....

What i want to know is what should i be doing really ---- i have been doing some reading and i think i do have the washing part clear in my head---doing the truck by sections, rinsing well....right?

After that -- I need help (I'd also like to get a buffer --or is that not a good idea for a new detailer)....
anyway --I'd like advice on products and order of how to apply the products.

thank you.......
Re: Proper New Car Paint Care
March 27, 2003 04:06PM
Welcome

Its good that you are taking the steps to protect your truck while its new. Reason that I tell people is that new cars are just like older cars you still need to protect your investment.
After washing (yes you are doing that right) I would use a swirl remover there are a number on the market this will clean the clear coat and get it ready for the wax. You might want to look at the 3M products. I have used them and find them to be good grades, also Maguire's are top line, but this subject is wide open as to who is the best. I always say that any wax is better than none
Wax the car and if you can find them remove it with micro-fiber towels they do a great job and leave no additional marks.
You can buy a orbital buffer which is a no brainier to use, it will save you time and elbow grease, but in my option is really not a lot better than hand work. I know some will not agree but that's my take on them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login