Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

headliner/coffee

Posted by Phil Goode 
headliner/coffee
October 14, 2003 07:39PM
<HTML>a client was rear-ended today and a 16oz cup of coffee w/cream exploded onto the entire interior of her car. I have never seen such a mess. That is except the wholesale cars I do. Kinda strange too, nice clean car...and coffee. Oxymoronic. anyway, I used all of my know how and removed coffee from everything inside except the headliner. Here I was stumped. I had rad here about not detroying these things so I used a spray foam, and lightly scrubbed with w white towel, then an enzyme, and foam again. Then I sucked it out with my extractor. It was rather damp when done but not soaked. Hard to tell what improvement I had made since it was damp.
How woulkd some of you clean this mess?
BTW, the blunt of the coffee was here, right over the drivers head and from there splashed and ran down on the rest of the car.</HTML>
Re: headliner/coffee
October 14, 2003 09:30PM
<HTML>For the headliner, try a foam cleanser and blot with a microfiber towel. Redo until stain is gone. Don't scrub.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: headliner/coffee
October 15, 2003 03:40PM
<HTML>Here is a situation where you need the right chemicals for the job. There are stain removers specifically formulated for coffee stains (tannin) removers. You should have sprayed this chemical on the stain allowed it to dwell and then attempted to blot it out.

You are really lucky, well maybe, lucky, time will tell that you did not have the headliner come loose from the foam backing shell by using the extractor.

All that I know about cleaning indicates that you should NEVER USE AN EXTRACTOR on a headliner.

If you looked at headliner material you will see it is not much thicker than a woman's stockings. It is lightly glued to the backer and anything, moisture; humidity; too much chemical can release the adhesive and cause the liner to droop.

If you go to www.detailplus.com and click on Detailing Supplies and Chemicals you will find a set of stain removers, including a coffee and tea stain remover. Check this out.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login