Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

zaino bros

Posted by ben smith 
zaino bros
October 16, 2003 02:50AM
<HTML>

What is this stuff all about? I makes me sick that people are paying 50 and up for this crap. And what about all these different steps(z-6,z-4 and dont put on z5 without putting on three coats of z2) You need a manuel to follow how to put this stuff on. Zaino is ripping people off. Like other threads that have been posted, you clen the paint, polish and than protect thats all. The shine you get from this stuff is going to be exactly the same as any other wax or sealant!</HTML>
Re: zaino bros
October 16, 2003 04:08AM
<HTML>Ben:

It's just a way for rich people to be taken for a ride. Compare ingredients and I bet they have the ingredients as any other finishing wax.

Look at these prices I've come across here on the internet:

zymol destiny: $525.00 for 8 oz.
zymol estate vintage: $1650.00 for 22 oz.
zymol atlantique: $968.00 for 8 oz.

This is totally rediculous. You can get the same results with any professional paste wax and glaze.

I like zymol's regular polish (smells great too) and it's reasonably priced, sort of.

Anyone else agree?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
October 16, 2003 01:45PM
<HTML>Zaino Brothers is a paint sealant that is marketed to the anal enthusiast types that want more than a shiney car... they want to feel like they are using something better than the norm. The more they pay for the product, the better they feel about using it. It's a win-win situation for the consumer and the manufacturer.

I agree that professional results can be achieved with any halfway decent product. Like painting a car, the results are all in the prep work. If you properly cut and polish the finish before applying a protective coating, any wax or sealant will look just fine.

However, it should be notied that Zaino has come out ahead in at least two independent wax tests that I know of. These weren't lab tests, but customers and vehicle owners don't judge the way their car looks using lab results, anyway. The common results in both tests were that Zaino had a wetter-looking shine and lastest longer than the others.

I'm not taking either sides of the issue, just presenting all the facts. I don't blame Zaino for making money by marketing a products to the high class folks, especially if it's a good product to begin with. That's exactly what I try to do in my detailing business. As long as its a good product, I don't think anyone is getting ripped off.</HTML>
October 16, 2003 02:24PM
<HTML>ITS REALLY SO INTRIGUEING THERE IS SO MANY PRODUCT LINES AND PRODUCTS THAT HOW CAN YOU DECIDE TO STOP LOOKING AND STICK TO A CERTAIN BRAND LINE OR PRODUCT. YOU WOULD NEED A SEPARATE WAREHOUSE IF YOU WOULD WANT TO TRY ALL AND THEN THE COST????????? O MY OVER MY HEAD. I LIKE BUD'S ADVISE. STICK TO A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND IF IT WORKS FOR BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION.</HTML>
October 16, 2003 03:04PM
<HTML>This is the reason that we went to the effort and expense to have a comparison test done of all the sealant and wax products you all said you were using.

These products were tested for three things:

1. Reflective shine
2. Reflective shine after 12 washes
3. Durability to salt water, that is, ability to prevent rust.

The results are all available in the test report as mentioned earlier on the forum.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 16, 2003 10:17PM
<HTML>Hey Guys,
For a "REAL" Wax Report, try
[www.gurureports.org]

There is NO biased info, as these guys do not sell wax or detailing products. VERY honest info with no "hidden agenda" (Not to imply anyone else has onesmiling smiley</HTML>

The &quot;BEST of The BEST&quot;
October 17, 2003 12:55AM
<HTML>I ordered that report over a year ago and the only problem I saw with it was the opposite. They aren't scientists or manufactures just guys trying to conduct a test and publish the findings.

A good example was Collinite products. They had great results, but were down graded due to the difficulty in finding it. That resulted in a "B" grade even though they stated it lasted nearly as long as Zaino and was in their "Editor's Choice" group.

Not sure if Collinite was tested with Bud's, but I did send 2 different samples to him just to see how it faired and would compare to the Gurureports testing.

I understand what you are getting at, but from what I understand Bud didn't conduct the tests, but rather paid a labratory to do it.

Hopefully I get a copy of the report for my contributions and I will really enjoy looking at and comparing the Gurureports with Bud's report.</HTML>

David
October 17, 2003 02:22AM
<HTML>David:

You are correct about the Guru Report. It was an honest attempt by detailers to conduct a meaningful test of various paint protection products. It has many good points and some very lacking.

Objective testing is something that has to be done in controlled situations. When you are testing 25 different products and making every effort to insure that each product is tested exactly as the others and in the same situation it takes a great deal of time.

You will see with the report that I commissioned that it is objective and there is no agenda in mind. I do not need to "lie" about my DIAMOND PLUS. The price and results speak for themselves.

Maybe I am not a good businessman, should be selling such a good sealant for at least $19.95 for 12 ounces. Isn't that fair?

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
October 17, 2003 02:25AM
<HTML>at least 16oz for $20 and $60 a gal.</HTML>
October 17, 2003 02:39AM
<HTML>NO keep your prices the same! Of course you could do a retail price list for consumers and let business owners get the current lower price! That way the retail customers feel they are getting a better product since the price will be higher. Of course gallon jugs might not be what a retail customer had in mind winking smiley.

You wouldn't believe the number of friends and relatives that have asked for some Diamond Plus or One-Step Plus! I am thinking maybe I should rebottle it in smaller quantities and label it with a fancy German or Exotic name and tell them that this is all I could afford this christmas.

smiling smiley</HTML>

David
October 17, 2003 03:05AM
<HTML>I was only joking. I have not interest in bottling for retail or boutique sales.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login