Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pledge for interiors

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Pledge for interiors
October 16, 2003 08:08AM
<HTML>Has anyone ever used Pledge to clean and dress the vinyl & plastics in the car's interior? I use this sometimes in my own vehicle and everything looks and feels great. Smells good too. I learned this from my instructor at Vo-Tech years ago. I read the back of the can and it states you can use it on vinyl, leather, ruber, plastics. Cleans and moisturizes.

Anyone else do this?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Pledge for interiors
October 16, 2003 03:07PM
<HTML>Brian:

PLEDGE is nothing more than a variation of what is called water-based silicone dressing in the detailing business. Just basic chemistry. They ad some lemon fragrance and they have PLEDGE.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
October 16, 2003 05:44PM
<HTML>Brian.

One of my customers here in the U.K. uses T-Cut to cut the paint back( by hand) and then sprays a little Pledge on each panel and wipes off.

The finish is superb, I am sure it doesn't offer much protection but they are not worried about that as the cars are usually presold.

Regards

John</HTML>
October 16, 2003 07:29PM
<HTML>Bud:

Thanks. I didn't know that.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

October 16, 2003 10:56PM
<HTML>You are welcome.

Bud A</HTML>

buda
October 19, 2003 09:27PM
<HTML>can you use pledge on the paint also is it an aerosol or liquid
thanks</HTML>
October 20, 2003 03:17AM
<HTML>I have heard of pledge being used on interiors and exteriours. I tend to lean toward having the right product for the job. About the only thing I would use pledge on is the wood trim. There are better products for leather and plastic interiors. As for the exterior, in the guru report pledge rated fairly well for a silicon/carnuba wax, but synthetic (sealant) gives much longer protection than a silicon/carnuba wax. (pledge rated pretty low for longevity)</HTML>
October 20, 2003 03:20AM
<HTML>Interesting. I never heard of it being used on exteriors. I'll stick with my professional chemicals for the paint though.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login