Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Uniforms

Posted by Brian Angelucci 
Uniforms
October 18, 2003 07:39PM
<HTML>What kind/type of uniforms do you wear if you wear them? I opt for the embroidered polo and nice work pants. I know were're supposed to wear those aprons when working to keep clean but come on, how many acually wear them? I feel like a "Merry Maid" wearing these aprons.

I worked with a bunch of detailers at the dealership and they wore tornn jeans, stained shirt, etc. Iknow you can't judge a book by it's cover but they looked just sloppy. Didn't we talk about this before?</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Re: Uniforms
October 18, 2003 08:01PM
<HTML>Brian:

We have always recommended the wrap around smock. You can wear it over jeans; kakhi pants, etc. You can wear a tee-shirt under it in the summer and a heavier shirt in the winter.

They cover your belt buckle and look very professional. You can wash them in the machine and they are ready the next day.

You can buy them for about $20 to $25 and they last a long time. White; tan; royal blue and I think red.

Regards
bud abraham</HTML>

buda
October 18, 2003 08:37PM
<HTML>I agree with you, Bud. These smocks are definitely the way to go. They cover and protect more (both your clothes and the car) than those aprons do.

When I open my shop, my uniforms will consist of polo shirts that are either red, black or white (my business colors) that have checkered flag collar and sleeve piping. The shirts will have the company name and logo and employee name either embroidered or silk-screened. the smocks will just have the company name & logo.

Pants will be black, either docker type or jeans. In the summer, black shorts. Shoes can be any color that matches (black, white) leather or sneakers, but they must be clean. I'm also going to have some caps made. I always wear a cap, but for others, it can be optional.</HTML>
October 19, 2003 01:01AM
<HTML>Everbody in our dealership wears a uniform , and it does make a huge difference . I drive by a car lot down the road from me everyday, and the guys there are alwasy walking around with dirty jeans and ripped shirts on, smoke's hanging out of their mouth etc.

I must admit we do have the aprons, CarBrite ones, but they have been hanging up for the better part of the last year ...must dig those out of the laundry on Monday . The only time I really used to wear them was while buffing.

Jim.</HTML>
October 19, 2003 04:11AM
<HTML>I buff in the buff. Makes me feel at one with the car.

I am mobile, it is usually hot here so I had some nice cotton tank tops embroidered with my company name. I have six, a nice pair of shorts w/a drawstring. I don't wear anythikng with buckles so I don't scratch the car.
It will get cooler here soon so I will have some denim ones done. Many of my customers have asked to buy a shirt, not a real big profit there yet...I have been thinking about going with silkscreen and having my name on the front and some of the companies I do names on the back. Let them all pick up the price tag and we all get the advertising.</HTML>
October 19, 2003 07:34AM
<HTML>I was going to mention or ask what to wear in the summer and still look presentable. Have you ever been on topdeck of a boat at 1PM in July? My god does it get hot up there. The suns rays refelcting off the gelcoat, ouch. It has to be at least 110 heat index up there. Thats when I wear a white tank top and khaki shorts with aqua socks (a must so you don't slip off.) Sometimes if noone is around I'll go topless but I'm sure bystanders understand why I'm not wearing professional attire. Can't forget the white hat so the brain doesn't fry.

On these hot day, I like to jump in the river with a life vest and just float down to the end of the dock. If I miss the dock, theres another marina 100 feet away and then a sandbar at low tide.

If I'm in the shop, I opt for a white, blue, black or grey polo (my company colors) and khakis or grey slacks (shorts in summer.) Everything embroidered, well not the pants.

Let's hope the Little League team I'm sponsoring wins the championship next year so they all get jackets! Great advertising.

Oh yeah, sponsor has to pay for the jackets :-/</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login