Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Air bag warning stickers

Posted by Bob Cope 
Air bag warning stickers
September 17, 2005 09:21PM
<HTML>How do you remove the air bag warning stickers from the sun visors without ruining the visors' appearance?????? Have a new Lexus ES330 and Lexus tells me there's no way........Help! Thanks in advance!!
Bob</HTML>
Re: Air bag warning stickers
September 18, 2005 12:52AM
<HTML>Would suggest that for liability reasons you do not remove air-bag warning stickers from any customers vehicle.

While not esthetically pleasing...manufacturers have put them there for a a reason and that reason is to alert people to certain dangers. If in the course of an accident lawyers can establish you removed the stickers you will then become liable...

Let the customer remove the sticker and use an adhesive remover to gentle remove the glue residue</HTML>
September 19, 2005 01:14PM
<HTML>Exactly, it is a Federal Law that these warnings be on the vehicle.

Plus, most are not "decals" these days, but a heat impregnated material, making it part of the fabric.

He can always take the visors to a good auto upholstrey shop, have them remove the fabric cover, make new ones, and when it comes time to sell or trade the vehicle, put them back on.

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it at all!
May 29, 2009 02:28AM
To update :

I have successfully removed these stickers in the past from a Honda's fabric visors. The ones printed on vinyl cannot be removed and must be covered with more fabric. We used a heat gun and fingernails .

I later managed to remove the stickers from a Toyota's fabric visors without heat. I pried up a corner of the sticker with a fingernail and was able to gradually pull the entire sticker or a portion of it loose slowly.

The same air bag info and lawyer-excreted material is in the owner's manual. So sue me !

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 02:30AM by Doug Delmont.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login