Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Talk about propaganda

Posted by billd55 
Talk about propaganda
January 05, 2012 02:12PM
Link:

[www.autopia.org]

I saw this post on autopia, and it just really sums up where the detailing business is going.

The post starts out this way:

We haven't had a good "product collection" thread in a while so let's see those credit card account destroying...wife thinks your nuts...I need every one of those products photo's!!

[i2.photobucket.com]

Common responses:
Hi 1 Clean WS6...

Now that is what you call the mother load. I started to drool looking at your collection. It is impressive indeed. You sure do have a lot of PC pads just like everything else.

hey thanks for the pics,

love that car. but i have to thank you for showing all the products. even though i am just a newbie when it comes to detailing i hav epurchased a lot of things in the last year. i have never told my wife just how much i have spent because it even makes me dizzy when i think of total dollars. BUT.... when i see the items that you have in stock i realize that i have a long way to go.

i got my wife to get up off her chair to come to my computer and view your products. she said that i was not that obscessed in comparison to your stock.

although it took her a while for a come back she finally stated that," it is real obvious that this person has been detailing for a long time. You, on the other hand have only been obcessing for about a year."

I actually have run out of storage as another 10 MF's have just arrived (drying in the spare room as we speak) so will be getting some more plastic containers tomorrow.

Thank you ! I have to show my wife these pics... You saved me ! I look like I am totally restrained next to your extensive collection. And your garage looks good too. I am drooling !

My Comments:

This is the message so called pros are pushing on these forums. That is: Buying alot of expensive products makes you a detailer. I think this response sums this logic up perfectly:

I just emailed this link to my girl to show I hardly have enough detailing supplies.

She said we should all get a group rate for some meds.....

Read this one if you are not convinced:

1 Clean WS6: WOW what a nice array of products!

I'm a newbie here just trying to get educated and hoping to get my WS6 looking half as good as yours.

This is the logic of what is considered professional:

1 Clean WS6- When I saw your product pic I was in AWE! That is one very impressive collection. Very professional looking also. Awesome looking car BTW.

Since 05 this post has gotten over 170,000 views. You all wonder why I am here ? This is the reason. I have a passion for
detailing also, but I also have 20 years of actual experience. I am SICK of forums passing out this complete BS that having
alot of crap products on a self makes you a professional. Actually, all it shows is that there are alot zombies out there that fall
for this propaganda that companies and forums push.

The reason I use AT-5 is because it works everytime, and I do not need to go broke buying it. IMO finding products that
work are more impressive than having a million that do not work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login