Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Schlegel pads manufacturer

Posted by Willy Bermell 
Schlegel pads manufacturer
December 26, 2001 02:26AM
Hi all, I hope everyone has enjoyed their Christmas Day Lunch...
I´ve read in a book about those pads made by Schlegel (!)
Does anyone know them? If so, are they any good? HAve they got a web site to purchase?

Thanks

Willy

Live a beautiful life, ride a beautiful car...
A friend of mine uses them and he really likes them. Haven't tried them myself yet, he's supposed to get me some to try but hasn't done so yet. Don't know if they have a website or where he gets them from but I can find out fi you'd like.
These pads have been around for many years & will supply you with plenty of years to come. I haven't found a website that sells these pads yet. Let me know if you find one first. I have some of these wool pads from years ago & they still work for me. You just have to clean them on a regular basis.
Re: Schlegel pads manufacturer
December 26, 2001 10:04AM
thanks for your input, I´m myself looking for a website, but haven´t found nothing yet. Yes Gary, if you´d be so kind as to let me know if you find anything too...

Cheers

Willy

December 26, 2001 11:49AM
Right after posting my response, I did some searching and found those two places distributing the Schlegel pads. I´ve requested some info and I´ll let you know about what they say...

[www.toppautomotive.com]

[www.lsikarcher.baweb.com]

Willy

December 26, 2001 05:04PM
i can't say anything bad about the pads, other than they are hard to find. had to start using the buffnshine pads and they are good also.
I found the same websites. I'll see my friend next week and ask where he gets his and find out if they have a website address and get back to also.
Dan
December 27, 2001 04:10AM
Its wierd to me that you guys think they are hard to find. At my local body shop supply store all they have is Schlegel, Meguaris and 3M. Havent tried the schlegels but I thik I will because they are a few bucks cheaper than the others. And they were highly recomended by the dude behind the counter.
December 27, 2001 07:29PM
i think that if this company is like others, it probably makes and sells "private label" stuff for smaller companies.
They are available at most automotive body shop supply stores. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate any. They are always on backorder.
December 28, 2001 02:45PM
Sorry Dan, but there´s a little issue I forgot to mention... I live in Spain and due to that I often don´t get good timings for flight connections to the USA to get the pads at your local body shop or any other... LO as L as you can!!! ;-)

Willy

Dan
December 30, 2001 05:21AM
ahh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login