Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Happy New Year!!!

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Happy New Year!!!
December 31, 2001 05:45PM
Everybody at the shop would like to give all guest & detailers a safe & Happy New Year & many more to come.

It's raining here in Southern California for the past three days & has put off some work until it dries up.
Re: Happy New Year!!!
January 01, 2002 02:01AM
I've been in the mobile pressure cleaning business for 3 and half
years, done OK. But business is up and down like a yoyo notwithstanding
some contract cleaning.
I am considering the auto detailing route. We have done some of this
work, bought equipment, buffer, vacuum, extractor, generator. It seems
to be a good market in my area. The time and materials seemed to
eat most of the profits, though.
Had satisfied customers 98 percent of the time.

Would someone give me a brief success story in this field? I am not
asking for p&ls, just how do you rate the business.

Jerry Pollard
January 01, 2002 08:08PM
I treat my detailing business like a did my auto repair shop as far as giving est. with hourly rates. I have a set hourly rate I give my business per a 8 hr. day. Detailers I have talked to give est. off the top of their heads...pulling figures out of the air. For example I do a number of R.V.s, They are very time consuming but if you estimate them right you can not lose. You can spend a whole day on one, (depending on how many men you have) but at an hourly rate there is no idle time, your day is filled.

You have to know your overhead. Materials are not that big of an expense. I don't use a lot high dollar products because most of the vehicles I do are not high end vehicles. Used car lots for example do not require the use of expensive waxes. I do use a higher quality product for the higher end vehicles, for the people who well appreciate it, but it is a waste for those who don't really care. I have customer from time to time that might only get their car waxed once a year and it looks like crap when he decides to have it done. I probably won't pull out the Klasse or the Medallion for him.

I have found that volume is the way to go. The more you produce in a day the more profits there are. Try to line up work so that you are not traveling a lot from job to job. I love it when I am washing a car in a parking lot for a employee at there job and someone else see's me and wants their vehicle done also. Thats one way I get other customers...its a excellent way to advertise and is inexpensive.

You have to love detailing and not just look at it as a way to make a living. You can get burned out very quick. Good luck.

TLC Mobile Detail
January 02, 2002 01:10AM
We at Picasso's Auto Imagery.. Wish all of my friends a HEALTHY, HAPPY, and SAFE NEW YEAR to you and yours. I can truly say.. Your a fine bunch of friend on this board and wish you the VERY BEST IN LIFE...
Keep it real,
Todd "Picasso" Brenniser
Picasso's Auto Imagery
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login