Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Remove the New Car Smell?

Posted by Stephen Britz 
Remove the New Car Smell?
January 17, 2005 02:30AM
<HTML>Hi All!

Recently I had a customer with concerns about chemicals being used in her brand new Toyota Prius. She was assured that NO chemicals would be used in her new Prius. After the clean-up she asked if there was a way to remove the new car smell, well you can just imagine the responses that you can get in a dealership environment (both negative and positive).

Curious if any of you have faced this dilemma, and did you have a solution too!</HTML>

Detailing, An Art In Motion!
Re: Remove the New Car Smell?
January 17, 2005 03:06AM
<HTML>hahahaha, This is great! Tell her to drive it for 10,000 miles while smoking a big fat stogy. By the end I'm positive that new car smell will be gone. Where do these people come from?</HTML>

jer

Charlotte Auto Detailing
Charlotte, MI

517-749-5484
January 17, 2005 03:10AM
<HTML>Tell her to take that cheap perfume, (must buy cheap crap, based upon her choices of a vehicle) she wears and spray it every where.

Hell, she will be very happy!

It will smell as bad as she does.

LOL!!!!

Ketch</HTML>

Do it right or don't do it all!
January 17, 2005 04:04PM
<HTML>This is the type of customer you will want to avoid...

When engaging in odor removal one of the most important concerns is the psychological and mental state of the the client... and their level of expectation. Can you satisfy them?

Since the vehicle is new it will be off gassing from the carpeting and vinyl for some time and will continue to have a "new car smell", air coming into the vehicle will pass over filters and new plastic parts. While some clients have chemical sensitivity...many have an exaggerated problem and it is almost impossible to know what is bothering them.

If you do the work you must have a detailed contract specifying exactly how you will clean with msds on all the products you will use and you must be firm and specific on offering no guarantees. My reasons for suggesting that you avoid the work is that this person may claim that they are chemically sensitive to the products you have used and cannot occupy the vehicle and then what? ...perhaps legal action against you including wanting a vehicle replacement

Something to think about.</HTML>
January 18, 2005 05:38AM
<HTML>This is an odd one......as already noted she is smelling her car as it is gassing off.......she just has to live with it OR each time before you go do her car stop at Taco Bell and float her some air biscuits in her cars interior before you leave. A couple of weeks of that and I am sure she'll be beggin for that "new car" smell to be back!! smiling smiley

Anthony</HTML>

Details, Details, Details....It's all in the details!
www.UltimateReflections.NET
January 18, 2005 03:45PM
<HTML>Isent " that new car smell" one reason people buy new cars?</HTML>
January 19, 2005 03:46AM
<HTML>What part of the world are you in??

I would be more than happy to sit in her car after I have eaten a large bean and cheese burrito and "cut some cheese" while smoking a fat stoogie and wearing cheap purfume!!</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
January 19, 2005 04:34AM
<HTML>After all we did to provide this lady with thoughtful responses to her questions, she decided against purchasing the new Prius because of that "NEW CAR SMELL". Interesting thing is that her first wiff of the "new car smell" didn't create any illnesses or kill her. Go figure!

Reminded me of the first time a customer asked me if I could buff out a dent, it's like the intellect is missing!</HTML>

Detailing, An Art In Motion!
January 19, 2005 09:05PM
<HTML>we have these people all the time in my area,they attend cornell university in ithaca n.y. they are the most over educated anal people you will ever meet.if you want to go to a car lot without being bothered put a (i love ithaca)bumper sticker on the back of your car and watch the salespeople run for cover.</HTML>
January 21, 2005 05:51PM
<HTML>If you can remove the new car smell, I suggest you bottle and send it to me.</HTML>
January 22, 2005 06:55AM
<HTML>On a serious vain, did you consider using an Ozone Generator?

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
January 23, 2005 10:00PM
<HTML>I think some of you are missing the point...many of these people are nuts...and have psychological problems.... I know because I have encountered them over the years...what is even more dangerious is that they are litigious and can make your life unbearable.

One claimed the problem was worse after we had cleaned the new vehicle with "water" only... and extracted the carpet with water only.

Another returned the vehicle some 6 times...she claimed she left the window of the vehicle open in the garage and the smell migrated into the house. Intelligent people... husband a Phd aske me if I had a couch so his wife could lie on it (suggesting she needed analysis) by the way we were trying to remove the ozone odor..

One claimed that I had removed the new leather smell from an incredibly filthy 10 year old vehicle in which he smoked cigars..</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login