Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

detailing spray

Posted by mikesdetailsalon 
detailing spray
August 20, 2006 12:11AM
Hey guys what product are you using or would recommend for use on vehicles that have gone through the brushless automatic.

I want to offer a wash n vac special. Basically I need to know what wax product works on wet or semi wet vehicles. Thanks as always...

Sam Robinson
Mike's Mobile Detail Salon
1722 Paris Road suite C
Columbia, Missouri 65202
telephone: 573-356-3037
email: mikes.detail.salon@gmail.com
Re: detailing spray
August 20, 2006 02:02AM
Sam : Spray wax products lack durability to the point where I wonder if it is ethical to use one and bill it as a " wax job ". Sprays also have zero cleaning ability.
Auto Magic sells Seal-It, a polymer sealant that is supposed to contain a lot of solvent to remove any remaining road tar as you wax. Polymers are more resistant to commercial car wash soaps so this product may be good for your use. I have not tested it yet.

Malm's wax is applied with a damp sponge so a little water shouldn't matter to it but it requires a 10 or15 minute drying wait so I doubt it will be suitable.

Both AM and Meguiar's sell " express " waxes, intended for your application but I doubt their durability. I know a car wash that express-waxes with Auto-Glym.

I recommend you do a quick towel dry/apply a wax with cleaning properties using an orbital buffer/buff off with the orbital or by hand or...

Apply a pure wax with a sponge mop from a dollar store and wipe off with cotton towels.
Doug

" If you mince your words, it makes them easier to eat later. "
August 28, 2006 09:57PM
Sam,

What I found that works best in your situation is either two products: Fast Finish from Auto International/Valugard or Auto Magic's Hydro Shine.

I've used both and will say these products are great. Both are to be used during the drying process.

I've personally been using Hydro Shine (still have a case left) on my 2004 Jeep for the past two years and the car looks brand new still. Probably only used a sealant twice on it since I've had it. Both products leave a lasting shine and slippery feel.

Another technique I've found it to apply a sealant or wax after the car is completely dried and wipe off with a damp towel. Then, a quick second wipe with a dry microfiber.

Post Edited (08-28-06 17:00)

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
September 08, 2006 01:28PM
Consumer Reports lists the following waxes as " Can Be Applied To A Wet Car ":
Armor-All Wax-it-Dry Gel and Spray waxes, Eagle One Wax-As-You-Dry, Turtle Wax 1Step Wax & Dry T-9, Griot's Garage Spray-on Wax, Turtle Wax Express Shine T-136R, Meguiar's NXT Generation Spray Wax .

CR rated spray waxes the worst for durability.

Doug
September 08, 2006 01:33PM
The Fast Finish may be used on a wet vehicle or a dry vehicle.

Of course when used on a dry vehicle, more protective resin is applied and left on the surface.

This product will last and provide protection and gloss, when applied to a dry surface of two to three months.

It does not stain trim, but rather actually works in place of a dressing and will stay on the trim, not wash off, for the same amount of time as on the paint.

It is also part of the new Fini Finishing System.

This product has quickly become one of our top selling products.

And, no, you can't buy it at Wally World or other mass merchandisers.

Ketch
September 10, 2006 05:22AM
Optimum wax check it out www.optimumcarcare.com this product should work for take me about 15 min to-do mid size vehicle very durable.

Aqua wax by Duragloss never tried it while a vehicle was wet but dry works great to ME IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2006 05:25AM by NEW AGAIN.
September 11, 2006 03:33AM
Sam:

Fast finish is by far the best I have ever used, I have been in business for 8 years and it is by far the best.

It leaves a Polymer protective film that will last up to 2 months..

I use it on paint, black trim, it removes tar and bugs..

Can't say enough about this product!!!!!

Paul Auto Appearances Inc - Rleigh NC 919 812- 4759

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2006 03:35AM by AutoAppearancesinc.
September 12, 2006 03:26PM
Ketch,

I have used the 22 oz bottle that I purchased, and ordered a gallon. I have found the product to be my secret weapon. I use it for finich inspection, bug and tar removal that I didn't get on the first pass, exterior trim. Actually I have used it for interior dressing with success. I wish it was in an aerosal for control of spraying but wishful thinking. Good product....
September 12, 2006 03:43PM
Ketch,

I have used the 22 oz bottle that I purchased, and ordered a gallon. I have found the product to be my secret weapon. I use it for finich inspection, bug and tar removal that I didn't get on the first pass, exterior trim. Actually I have used it for interior dressing with success. I wish it was in an aerosal for control of spraying but wishful thinking. Good product....
September 12, 2006 04:08PM
Thanks,

I have used it as my interior dressing as well on my Sebring Convert, even the leather.

Takes the heat, doesn't evaporate or leave a "sticky" finish.

If we were to aerosol it, the price would be at least double per ounce, due to the fact that the can, propellent and filling costs more than the product.

You can buy small "aerosol" propellent units, which you pour the product into the supplied container and spray, or, just take an empty "pump hair spray" bottle, put the product in it, and pump spray small amounts.

However, always be sure to "shake well" before using.

It's raining heavy here today, since last night.

My Gran Marquis is setting out in the rain, looked at the mirror trim, etc that have the Fast Finish on them as well as the paint.

The rain is just running off the paint, the trim and "no streaking".

This is the third rain the car has been in since I applied the Fast Finish.

Ketch
September 14, 2006 03:41AM
Where are my options in buying this product, to try?

thanks
September 14, 2006 05:33AM
Do It All,
I believe the product in question is sold by Ketch at www.autoint.com under the Valugard label. ( if this info is in error, I apologize in advance )

Doug

" Put brain in gear before engaging mouth. "
September 15, 2006 12:34AM
thanks for the info, Doug..
September 15, 2006 01:05PM
You can find the Fast Finish at www.autoint.com

Ketch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login