Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pet´s & others hairs...

Posted by Willy Bermell 
Pet´s & others hairs...
January 06, 2002 11:40AM
Can I have your different advices upon removig HEAVY build-up of pet´s hairs on the upholstry of a car?
Thanks

Willy

Live a beautiful life, ride a beautiful car...
I use athe lint rollers for minor pet hair, the ones that have a sticky tape roller on them. Same principal as the masking tape. For heavy pet hair you can use an extractor. Works faster than anything I have tried yet. If you don't have an extractor, you can use a spray bottle with water, an upholstery brush, and a shop vac. Getting the hair wet is the fastest way to get it up out of carpets and upholstery in cars. Hope this helps and good luck, Gary.
Re: Pet´s & others hairs...
January 06, 2002 03:10PM
Try using a hair brush (not kidding). The stiff bristled plastic brushes that are sold for use on tires etc. work well, but if you think that those are too stiff (abrasive) to use on your interior fabric, get a regular (old fasioned type) hair brush with the short, bristles that DON'T have the little plastic balls on the ends.

I don't mean one of the new fancy 'beauty shop' ones with the plastic bristles. I'm talking about the ones that look like a BIG horsehair, detailing toothbrush with bristles less than an inch long. They will make quick work of heavily built up hair from shedding dogs, and will not hurt even the most delicate fabric.

Think about it, they were designed to be used on a human scalp, and if they don't hurt the soft head of the average person....

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login