Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Winter

Posted by Jamie 
Winter
December 03, 2006 08:00AM
I live in the mountains and it is below 30 degrees most of the winter and when washing cars the water will freeze after rinsing. Is there any additive you can add to fix this problem?
Re: Winter
December 03, 2006 01:28PM
Cold Is just cold man. There is stuff to add to water but you would'nt want to put it on your car. and since its in gel form you couldnt spray it any way.And In my opinion if you are mobile. And you don't have anywhere to work where a heater can be employed. And rinse water is freezing on the car, then you gotta find somewhere or something else to do. Or heat your water this may keep the water and the surface of the car warm enough to get it dried before freezing. you can buy tank heaters. they're not that expensive depending on how big your tank is. These are absolutely just my opinion and are not proven by all means. Because I live in Myrtle Beach, SC (where 25 degrees would shut down everything in town. And would keep me snuggled up at home watching Oprah with my wife!! There's some Pros here from cold climates that will surely have some ideas. ( I've been a detail business owner for nine years but only in Sunny Myrtle Beach!!!

Best of luck!!! Philip
December 03, 2006 08:22PM
Jamie, instead of rinsing with a hose, use a bucket with warm water and a towel or
a wash mitt to rinse. Just do it in sections, washing then rinsing then dring the
area you just washed. Start with the top sides and work your way down,doing one half
like the driverside first,then the passenger side.Wash,rinse then dry.It is kind of
a pain to do it like this but once you get a routine down, it isn't that bad. Also do it at the warmist part of the day.
Good luck!
Joe
December 09, 2006 01:47AM
A good idea I was told about was to get a trailer and drive the car into trailer. It portable and warm. iI might be cramped but it could get the job done.

-Jules
December 05, 2007 03:54PM
I live in Ohio and washing cars for me is a bear too. I use Optimum No Rinse!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2007 12:41PM by flexright.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login