Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best glass cleaning method

Posted by Rodney 
Best glass cleaning method
January 10, 2002 02:07AM
Hi Everybody, I have been detailing cars for about 6 months now and still have not found a good way to clean the windows with out streaks.
I have tried vinegar+water, ammonia+water, micro fiber towels, newspaper and various window cleaners. The water mix's are about 50/50.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Rod(OH)
Re: Best glass cleaning method
January 10, 2002 04:23AM
Try using plain water and a soft cloth/paper towels. BTW, even with the best window cleaners, it's best to do them twice.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
We have been using Sprayway glass cleaner for the past fifteen years & haven't had any complaints with streaking or smearing.
Dan
January 10, 2002 08:04AM
Stoner's invisible glass with a surgical towel. Only spray a minimal amount on the window.
January 10, 2002 05:08PM
dan, where do you get your surgical towels?
Dan
January 10, 2002 05:16PM
I get mine from my neighbor that is a nurse, but you can get enough to last a life time for like $34 and thats 10 pounds of towels at Valugaurd. When I lose my inside connection I will be ordering these towels.
January 11, 2002 12:08AM
Thanks for your replies. Where do i get Sprayway or Stoners invisible glass and where is Valugaurd? I wash the micro fiber towels i use in regular detergent by themselves. It seems like the towels cleaned better when they were new. How do you clean the surgical towels. Thanks, Rod(OH)
Dan
January 11, 2002 03:08AM
Find valugaurd on the internet, they are in cincinatti(spelling!), stoner's invisible glass an be bought at Pep boys or,you guessed it, over the internet. I wash the surgical towels and the microfiber towels together with a little vinigar to break down the waxes. This way there is minimal lint. Good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login