Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Light & Dark paints

Posted by Carl 
Light & Dark paints
January 10, 2002 11:39AM
Just wondering do any of you use different brand waxes and Glaze for a light colored car then you would a darker colored car? Thanks .... Carl
Yes, some finishes will react differently to other products that are on the market. Don't forget that not every finish will have a clear coat finish on it. The older vehicles did not have this option before the clear coated finishes were brought out.

3M makes special glazes for dark color vehicles & their products are user friendly to use. No matter what a finish looks like, the paint has to be cleaned & I'm not talking about cleaning the paint with a clay bar & lubricant. I'm talking about cleaning the paint with a paint cleaner liquid. You will also give the finish something to bond with while applying your favorite wax over it. Your wax will also last a little longer if you clean the paint first.
Re: Light & Dark paints
January 10, 2002 05:06PM
i use mostly the same stuff, but might add a polish or cleaner step or apply and remove the finish coat with the orbital instead of a quick rub down by hand. the orbital comes in handy for me especially when using the 3-m liquid polish since this stuff can smear easily by hand. then a final coat with a sealant or wax usually does the trick.in my opinion, the 3-m liquid polish(maybe discontinued?) gives almost the same results as the 3-m imperial hand glaze. and they both wash out quickly.
Dan
January 10, 2002 05:28PM
Not really, unless I get a non clear paint. This type of finish reacts well to glazes and wax, Im talking wax not sealants. Check into what liquid cleaner to use on a non clear, the one I currently use "can" stain non clears, so be careful. Also you will be spending more time maintaining your non clear coated paint because wax does not hold as long on this paint. As a rule on some of my customers cars with non clears is that every month it gets waxed and every three months it gets polished and waxed. A good wax for a non clear is toddco's Gold Class or hitech yellow
It would be wise to watch were you walk...
Dan
January 11, 2002 03:27PM
Is that a threat, internet freak.
January 11, 2002 04:56PM
uhh oh, hope i didn't step in it.!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login