Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Scratch Free Microfiber Towels

Posted by priselac 
Scratch Free Microfiber Towels
October 10, 2008 03:18PM
Hello, I'm not a professional. I recently bought some microfiber towels to apply a spray wax and clear off water drop marks after being caught out in the rain. I tested the towels on a small portion of the car with very light pressure and found that they were leaving swirl marks/scratches in the clear coat. I've had my car washed several times by hand at a detail shop and they don't seem to leave behind any swirl marks. I'm wondering if it's the towels or me. Anyhow, if anyone has a recommendation for a specific brand and make of towels I should be using for this sort of thing that will be swirl/scratch-free, I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thanks.
Re: Scratch Free Microfiber Towels
October 10, 2008 09:59PM
priselac :
Is it possible that the towels are scratching your wax rather than your paint ?

I find the micro towels from Adam's Polishes to be soft and doubt they will scratch . www.adamspolishes.com

Doug
November 18, 2008 08:09PM
Hi i saw your posting and thought I would let you know about these awsome microfiber towels that I found on hte web. I have been using them for over a 5 years and they work great for taking off wax,cleaning windows. Here is the link were i found them at .
[stores.ebay.com]

Cheers,

dawaxman
December 10, 2008 08:32PM
I had the same problem years ago. Not sure why the do that but it took a deep washing to get id of that problem.

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
April 18, 2009 04:26AM
Everyone-
I just tried out a Micro-Tex brand towel that felt coarse and seemed to leave scratches. Hmm..."microfiber", maybe that's why they call them "micro-scratches"...

The Viking drying towel available at K-Mart is softer and doesn't seem to scratch. Been meaning to try the Adam's Polishes plush drying towel...Stay tuned.
Doug
April 18, 2009 02:49PM
?

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 05:04PM by MartinHernandez.
April 18, 2009 03:25PM
Martin-
You may be right. The scratches I found may have resulted from trapped dust or something. I guess we'll give Micro-tex the benefit of the doubt.

I still think the Adams Polishes towel is much softer to the touch. Let us know if you have tried that brand.

Doug
May 20, 2009 01:47AM
Update-
I used the Adam's Polishes Micro-fiber polishing towel to wipe/buff a coat of Zaino Z-AIO. The towel worked perfectly. No scratching occurred. I have not tried their waffle weave drying towel yet. Stay tuned !
Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login