Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wax and compound on black plastic

Posted by mtmcall 
Wax and compound on black plastic
December 13, 2009 07:30PM
All,

Is there a way to romove white from the door handle and luggage rack on my Blazer. I was buffing and the pad made contact to the plastic and I can't get it removed. Just trying to get to close to the edges I supose.

I have bought some "back to black" and that did not do the trick.

Merry Christmas to all of you,

Mike
Re: Wax and compound on black plastic
December 14, 2009 04:32AM
Yes, without exception you can use a Mini Vapor Steamer to remove the residue. Even professional detailers have difficulty with this problem.

However, the Vapor Steamer is a sure-fire way to remove.

It also will clean wheels; take stains out of carpets; clean map pockets; counsole interiors; clean leather/vinyl seats and even the engine.

We sell them for only $99.95. Call Jordache at 800 284-0123 Ext 3

Regards
Bud Abraham
December 21, 2009 12:30PM
$1 bottle of Vinegar. Pour unto towel and wipe effected areas. Works like a charm.

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
December 24, 2009 03:45PM
Mr Hernandez:

Don't the customers complain about the strong vinegar smell? What if you get some of the acidic vinegar on the paint of that expensive Lambroghini?

Regards
December 28, 2009 03:40AM
Peanut butter works great, and no risk of damage to the paint or offending smells.
January 04, 2010 03:45PM
marnie
Mr Hernandez:

Don't the customers complain about the strong vinegar smell? What if you get some of the acidic vinegar on the paint of that expensive Lambroghini?

Regards

Marnie, as every professional auto detailer knows, you inspect the vehicle before you start. Then tape off the painted surface, clean the plastic and wash the vehicle to get rid of the smell.

Before any polishing and waxing, we tape off all plastic, glass and rubber.

If you have any other questions or want a advice on how to become a pro detailer, I don't mind helping you out. But I do charge a consulting fee. winking smiley

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
October 03, 2010 09:37AM
Steam is a great way
there is also chemical cleaners that can be applied by hand that will instantly remove any white residue off the trim and turn them black again
then there is my Trim Dream glass and titanium system which is machine or hand applied to turn trims, wiper arms and roof accessories to a gloss black finish permanently
October 03, 2010 07:24PM
Or, put it back to "new", it will out last the original part's finish, the ValuGard ETR system as proven by Hyundai, Mazda, etc on hundreds of thousand vehicles.

It's NOT a dressing, it is Not something new, been around for 10 years and used by vehicle manufacturers when vehicle's under warranty need a little help due to port operations mistakes or dealership errors by their "detailers".
October 03, 2010 08:58PM
Can you provide the generic or brand name of the chemical that will instantly remove the residue?
October 04, 2010 09:14AM
There are three

Milestone chemicals Lemon Proof
Toughseal
chemical polish like chemical guys revive may do it also
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login