Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cleaners for microfiber towels

Posted by kkdolfnz 
cleaners for microfiber towels
October 06, 2010 04:23PM
In your opinion, do I really need a special detergent to clean microfiber towels? or can I just use a mild detergent, like something for babies clothing?

Kelly :-)
Re: cleaners for microfiber towels
October 06, 2010 09:01PM
Always pre-soak your MF towels before washing! We fill a 5 gal bucket half full with as hot as we can get water and add Clorox 2 about 1/2 cup mix add the towels and soak over night. ring out and put in washer on medium cycle with cold/cold water.

since we started doing it this way VERY few of our towels have stains even the ones we use for aluminum polishing
October 06, 2010 09:19PM
cool. thanks for that easy tip

October 06, 2010 09:19PM
cool. thanks for that easy tip

October 07, 2010 01:56AM
We rinse and wring out each towel after we use them, then toss em into a laundry basket for machine washing on hot cycle and then another complete cycle with no laundry detergent. All glass towels are kept seperate from other towels at all times to prevent any contamination from the other rags. After two years, no problems. Note cheap towels shrink on the hot cycle, the good ones do not.
October 07, 2010 03:23AM
Personally we wash our microfibers in the wash machine. No pre-soaking, etc.

We keep the window towels separate from water/wax towels and from chemical towels.

This is how we do it and how we teach our client's to do it and we have had no problem.

Bud ABraham
October 07, 2010 07:30AM
It'll be good idea to have it pre-soaked in warm water. I wouldn't recommend the bleaches though. A dish detergent can be used instead. Soak it for an hour. Then put it in the washer with a regular detergent and dry it using air or low heat.
October 09, 2010 12:25AM
thanks guys

October 09, 2010 12:34AM
What is the point of "soaking" a microfiber towel for one hour in a solution?

Regards
October 09, 2010 04:53AM
Agree with Bud. Keep certain towels away from others. wash separately in machine or by hand

dont use any detergent as it reduces the softness of the towels (stiffens them up)
pre soak sounds good though
October 10, 2010 07:15PM
What does a pre-soak of the towels do?;
November 23, 2010 07:15PM
You can also you a Fiber Wash. Never used powder detergent.
November 23, 2010 08:16PM
What is a fiber wash?

Why not use a powdered detergent? What is the difference between powder and liquid?

Regards
November 23, 2010 09:13PM
Think Ruben just commented that he hasn't used powder detergent, rather than warning not to use one.
November 24, 2010 12:53AM
FiberWash is designed specifically for microfiber washing and conditioning, FiberWash will keep your microfiber towels clean and looking great while also acting as a rejuvenator for the fibers. FiberWash is also great for cleaning any applicator pads and polisher pads. Highly concentrated! Just a little goes a long way!

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com
www.Autodetailingwarehouse.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 01:45AM by rubenjr73.
November 24, 2010 01:01AM
Ruben

Can you tell me chemically-speaking why your FiberWash is better than a good low pH laundry cleaner with softeners in it. And then a fabric softener in the dryer?

There is a big difference for example between an engine degreaser and a carpet shampoo even though both are cleaners.

So, what makes your product so special over a good high quality laundry detergent. What are the ingredients that make it "special" for microfiber towels.

Would it work on cotton towels too?

Regards
November 24, 2010 01:44AM
don't get me wrong. I also use a liquid detergent with no bleaches or softeners. Fiberwash can get expensive but if you want to take care of your microfiber towels especially the ones you use for detailing high end vehicles I have to bust out my Sunday's best... Nah mean.

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com
www.Autodetailingwarehouse.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 01:45AM by rubenjr73.
November 24, 2010 01:48AM
But you have not told me what is so special chemically about FiberWash? You sell it and you say it is good and it is expensive but you give no definitive proof of why it is better than something else?

Got to have facts Ruben. Cannot make statements without backing them with facts.

Regards
November 24, 2010 02:06AM
Hey, fiberwash is a good option, but it is not for everyone. I'm not trying to sell anything, I just like talking about things that work. Trying to give some advice here and even if something we carry is expensive or doesn't work I'm going to tell you. I don't get a commission for anything. I used these products on a daily bases and they work. These are just opinions, welcome to America. I'm glad I fought for our country for people like you. Appreciate your freedom of speech. To each is own.
Great speaking with you Good Luck.

Ruben Jr.
SSgt USMC Ret.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 02:07AM by rubenjr73.
November 24, 2010 04:35AM
Thanks Ruben. But would still like to know why you think this product is so good. Soap is soap isn't it? If not then why?

Got to support your opinions with some fact.
January 06, 2011 11:36PM
buda
Why not use a powdered detergent? What is the difference between powder and liquid?

I've heard that if any detergent remains in the cloth after washing and (inadequate) rinsing, powdered detergent will dry to a loose dust (like it started), while traces of liquid detergent will remain liquid and won't scatter white dust over the paint. FWIW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login