Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com
www.Autodetailingwarehouse.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
Re: Dual Head Orbital Polisher or High Speed Polisher
December 09, 2010 08:08PM
Reuben: "weapon" has a negative connotation...a better word would be TOOL ...what is your tool of choice...
December 09, 2010 08:41PM
Concur, but we're here all in fun and to get peoples opinon. In stead of getting all technical I wanted to use creative words and not at all being negative. Being Marine Corps retired sometimes I like to use these phrases and use them in my everyday vocabulary. Obviously you knew what I meant, so if you don't mind and if you have an opinion of what "Tool" to use, please provide your feedback. I would like to hear peoples feed back. Have a great day.

Ruben

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
December 09, 2010 09:18PM
Someone needs a Klondike Bar...

My WEAPON of choice is a dual head polisher with the Risk Free Recon System from Auto Magic.

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2010 12:41PM by MartinHernandez.
December 09, 2010 09:24PM
You probably mean a Chill Pill? Too funny. Thanks for your reply Martin. I know a couple of detailers out in San Antonio. Texas Pride comes with Texas Quality,great job. I'm out here in San Diego, CA.

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
December 09, 2010 09:26PM
Reuben: No offense meant...in the civilian world vocabulary is very important in marketing... if you practice to use positive phrases or terms it comes through naturally in your sales presentation and speech pattern. As the old adage says practice makes perfect.

Anyway there are many tools or weapons we have in our arsenal and all critical in producing quality work
December 09, 2010 09:50PM
Point taken. There's a time for play and time for business.
December 10, 2010 02:48AM
Dewalt rotary seems to get the job done for me. I have seen the dual actons in action and although they do work well, they seem a bit slower to me than the standard rotary. I get paid per car so for me the rotory is my 'paint grinder' (ha ha) of choice.
December 10, 2010 02:31PM
If I look at the various drills in my work shop, I have two 3/3th battery powered, a 3/8th inch corded, a 1/2 inch variable speed corded, a 1/2 inch hammer drill, a right angle 3/8th variable and a 16 speed drill press.

Why, well each has different abilities to do different jobs, based on what is required.

Same with the various buffers that an expert detailer would need to do various correction procedures.
December 10, 2010 03:22PM
I have a Flex L602VR which is great for doing BMW paint. Its a bit heavy at 3.3Kg but I have it about 10 years now and it hasn't let me down.
Also use a Flex L3403, the lighter 2.2kg polisher. Its great for jewelling everything but its a good polisher for sensitive paint like Lexus, Mitsubishi Evo cars and other Japanese favourites.
Have a trusty PC which I use for applying sealants with only.
BUFF PRO "Drum Polisher"
December 11, 2010 06:44AM
Have any of you seen the BuffPro Drum Polisher?

It is a new "weapon" to use to polish cars and the action is said to not create swirls in any way, shape or form.

DETAIL PLUS has been appointed a distributor for the towel and we will be putting it through our own field testing before pushing it in the market, but it does look like it accomplishes what the manufacturer claims.

Regards
Bud Abraham
December 11, 2010 09:46AM
Yeah I saw that months ago. I'd love to use on many flat panels.
However for now, a Festool Shinex rotary and Makita 9227 rotary are my weapons

Want to check out air powered rotaries as well.
December 11, 2010 04:33PM
How well does this "weapon" work on paint correction, scratches, oxidation etc?

MartinHernandez
Someone needs a Klondike Bar...

My WEAPON of choice is a dual head polisher with the Risk Free Recon System from Auto Magic.
December 12, 2010 02:15PM
You know the best weapons we can have are our "eyes" combined with a wealth of experience. How little we take our eyes of granted...forgetting to wear safety glasses, or protect them from the sun. Without them we could not diagnose problems well..
December 13, 2010 12:26AM
Very important and very good advice, Gina.

In my "home shop" I have two extra safety face shields, two pair of safety glasses, an extra pair of gas welding goggles and one extra arc-mig welding helmet.

It is not a shop for the public, however, my nieghbors seem to allow show up when I am working with my tools in Grumpy's Garage and wish to watch, etc.

They have learned, "that's fine, but first put on XXX and then we will be better off."

A courtesy that some have had a difficult time accepting, but that is "my rule" for anyone around when I welding, grinding, etc.
July 12, 2014 02:48AM
concoursgarage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How well does this "weapon" work on paint
> correction, scratches, oxidation etc?

It works awesome!!!

San Antonio Mobile Auto Detail
Martin Hernandez
[www.saMobileCarWash.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login