Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DETAIL PLUS Appointed Distributor for BuffPro

Posted by buda 
DETAIL PLUS Appointed Distributor for BuffPro
December 17, 2010 05:01AM
DETAIL PLUS recently announced that it has been appointed distributor for BuffPro, the revolutionary new drum buffer that will provide a swirl-free, flawless finish on any paint surface.

The BuffPro is easy to use and use technique can be learned after just a few hours use.

The axiel motion of the drum eliminates the rotating action which is the major cause of buffer swirls and holograms in the paint.

Tool sells for - $399 Choice of Pads: Foam Cutting & Finishing - $39.95 Wool Cutting - $49.95

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: DETAIL PLUS Appointed Distributor for BuffPro
December 17, 2010 02:49PM
Has anyone used this machine and what are your thoughts?
December 17, 2010 03:12PM
Check out the videos on buffpro.com they provide some excellent visuals of the machine in action.

Or, for you Gina, I will sell you a machine and you can test it and if you don't like it send it back for a full refund.

Bud Abraham
December 17, 2010 04:31PM
You know how videos are... However, I am still intrigued...
What did you like about this machine? It appears cumbersome, heavy and am not sure how it will do around mirrors, bumpers etc..
December 17, 2010 05:05PM
Gina

No tool is perfect, other than our Mini Orbital Waxer (2lbs) with a foam pad you can wax an entire car in 5 minutes and cover every nook and cranny on the car with no need for hand work after.

The drum is about 10" wide x 7" in diameter, you can get up to the edge of the mirror. Door handles same to the edges.

Whatever drawbacks it has are more than offset by the positives.

Another good feature is that if the person using it chooses the right pad and chemical they will not make any mistakes as they would with a buffer. A novice can be taught to use this tool without fear.

Whereas it takes quite a long time, if ever for some, to learn the fine art of buffing with a rotary buffer.

Again, buy one and see for yourself, what have you got to loose.

Bud Abraham
December 17, 2010 05:51PM
As Gina will confirm I'm a tool junkie
And I like the looks an theory behind the buffpro.
I have used the pneumatic drum type polishers or belly buffers as they are called, good tool but suffer from high pricing both tool and pads. Also need a lot of air.

The buffpro price for the machine although high is do able. but the pads, man ding one on a sharp corner or a loose trim piece there's 40 buck out the window
December 17, 2010 09:15PM
Randy: I also love the theory behind the buffpro and have the same reservations about the cost of the pads and also fatigue having to hold the machine with both hands all the time
December 17, 2010 09:59PM
Gina the proof is in the pudding. Take me up on my money-back guarantee and try it. I value your opinion.

Bud a
December 17, 2010 10:06PM
Send it as a loaner.
December 17, 2010 11:56PM
Ruben

Does RIGHTLOOK send their tools and equipment to customers on a "loan" basis?

If so, you have a few things in your line that I would like to try out on a "loan" basis.

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 05:48AM by buda.
December 18, 2010 02:07AM
With regard to the comments and discussion about the BuffPro pads and damage let me say that even if a chunk might be taken out of the pad it can still be used, and operatres smoothly without any wobble. From what I have heard from other users, not yet experienced myself, is that it is very difficult to take out "large chunks" of the pad accidently. The pad conforms to the shape of the work surface and if you did catch loose trim or a sharp corner, a small section could incur damage but unlike standard pads, there is a substantially larger cross section of foam holding it in place.

Bottomline, you could incur some damage with the BuffPro pads, but it truly takes a great deal of negligence to destroy the pad making it unuseable by catching trim or corners.

The users of the pads are reporting they are able to get at least 20 to 25 cars out of the softer finishing pad and thus far much more about of the medium and heavy cut foam pads.

The wool pad is still going strong after 25 cars.

There are balances and offsets in using the BuffPro and the more expensive pads, compared to the standard buffer and pads. You have to decide for yourself if the benefits and advantages of the BuffPro offset the higher costs. No one can convince you of that, you have to decide for yourself.

Regards
Bud Abraham
December 19, 2010 01:50AM
Hi Bud

This is Jim Farrell, thank you for becoming a BuffPro distributor, I've heard alot of great things about you and your company. I'm also glad to hear of the success you are having with the BuffPro. I read another post, where you did some work on a black chrysler with some good results. Please contact me for any questions. Most people who now own a BuffPro were sceptical at first, with the same concerns and questions mentioned in this discussion. Once they use it, see the results, and spend a little time with it, they simply love it.

Jim

Jim
December 19, 2010 06:31AM
Jim, thanks for the post and kind words. You are to commended for having the tenacity to believe in a concept and pursue it to fruition.

We are already having immediate success with the BuffPro with every internTional detailer and/or distributor of detail products. They do not seem to be so skeptical as the USA market.

Can you answer the poster who said the pads tear up easily and are expensive.

When you have time call me 800-284-0123 ext 4

Best Regards & Merry Christmas
December 20, 2010 02:32AM
Hi Bud,

I couldn't explain the pads any better than you did. We've done alot of testing on different types of foam. The higher quality, more expensive foam we use lasts longer and is more durable. Our pads are black and white with colored labels on the ends. Rather than spending money on four different colors of foam, we put the money into the quality of foam. If you can get a perfect finish in less steps, use one pad instead of three, no mess, and a novice can look like a pro, then in the big picture the BuffPro system is a better value.

By the way, look down at the BuffPro from the motor end. It's simply a rotary turned on its side and the pad is stretched out to the size of about four pads.

Thank you
Merry Christmas

Jim
December 20, 2010 10:56AM
Looks like a serious machine. Very impressive. Congratulations to the inventor!

How easy is the pad changing? Looks like you don't have to worry about centering anymore!

Is there much heat/ friction where the pad first meets the paint? How is it at panel edges?
December 20, 2010 12:38PM
The pad is easy to change, just pull the knob on the side and twist half turn to its lock out position, replace the pad, twist the knob and release to its locked in position. Put the pad on the surface, then squeeze the trigger. The slow start up of the motor eliminates initial heat/friction worries. Just like a paint roller you can get up close to edges without masking, the polishing and finishing pads compress easily into curves, groves, and contours. Search buffpro (one word) in youtube for videos.

Jim
December 20, 2010 04:06PM
Of course not, but again I'm not trying to sell anything here.

buda
DETAIL PLUS recently announced that it has been appointed distributor for BuffPro, the revolutionary new drum buffer that will provide a swirl-free, flawless finish on any paint surface.

The BuffPro is easy to use and use technique can be learned after just a few hours use.

The axiel motion of the drum eliminates the rotating action which is the major cause of buffer swirls and holograms in the paint.

Tool sells for - $399 Choice of Pads: Foam Cutting & Finishing - $39.95 Wool Cutting - $49.95

Regards
Bud Abraham
December 23, 2010 04:43AM
Ruben;

Talk to your boss Stephen Kowolokowski, tell him he ought to handle the BuffPro and to contact me if he is interested.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login