Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cyclo's Advanced Variable Speed Controller

Posted by rubenjr73 
Cyclo's Advanced Variable Speed Controller
December 17, 2010 06:02PM
Looks like Cyclo Tool Makers is finally coming out with a Variable speed polisher called the Model 5. My theory was, "if it's not broken don't fix it," but it looks like it will helpful when using the cyclo on leather and other delicate areas of the vehicle. Cyclo is also saying you can use it on headliners, but I'm still not sure if I would introduce any type of machine to one. The Model 5 also comes with a 3 year warranty. We are getting a shipment of them next week, so I can't wait to go into the training center and try it out. Have a great weekend.

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com
www.Autodetailingwarehouse.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
Re: Cyclo's Advanced Variable Speed Controller
February 15, 2011 11:49PM
Finally had a chance to try out the new Cyclo. It does it's job. Once you are on speed 1 or 2, it tends to be a little slow. Maybe that is for back massaging. Have a great day...

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
February 18, 2011 01:18AM
May be a reason for that.
As enviormental regulations increase regarding automotive paints, they may well become even more prone to softness.
One reason being the necessity to change the mid tailing solvents.
It is possible the industry will see increased "orange peel", soft clears, etc.
Not written in stone, but based on input I am receiving from my old friends at the major paint suppliers and automotive manufacturers.
This concern was first seen in some Cadillac models a few years ago, as well as a few others.
Grumpy
February 27, 2011 08:30PM
Funny you should say that, Ruben. I sometimes use my PC with a soft pad at the end of the day on my lower back. Its fantastic as a massager!

But back to the machine and discussion... What use is a machine like the cyclo on leather? Are there specific heads/pads for doing seats?

@ Ron, interesting point. Not sure what mid tailing solvents are but certainly on this side of the world, orange peel is a problem due to the addition of hardeners to the paint so the car can leave the production line more rapidly. BMW is now ridiculous with this problem. For such an expensive car, I can't believe people accept such bad OP on expensive vehicles. Not just BMW either. The VAG cars have it as well. Do you think the issue will ever be reversed or is it too expensive an endeavor for car manufacturers?
February 28, 2011 03:56PM
@Profile Detailer, thank you for the great remarks. I'm glad to see people in here have a sense of humor. As far as using the cyclo on leather, yes there are different brushes/heads that interchange to be used to clean different surfaces. Different colored brushes/heads are used for different materials, for example white/carpet, black/vinyl, brown/leather, aqua/texture floors. But honestly I wouldn't use the new Cyclo on leather no matter how soft the brushes or how slow the speed. I would just aggitate with a horse hair leather cleaning brush. This is simply my opinion.

Ruben

Ruben Jr.
www.Rightlook.com

[facebook.rightlook.com]
[twitter.rightlook.com]
[flickr.rightlook.com]
March 01, 2011 09:25PM
I wouldn't use a machine on leather either. The most aggressive I ever get with leather is to use a soft brush along with a Tornador and light APC mixture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login