Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BufferPro unit looks the goods

Posted by svr73 
BufferPro unit looks the goods
March 27, 2011 10:11AM
Hello Bud

I've been watching alot of videos with the buffer pro and I am really happy with how it works

It wont make a rotary obsolete but sure is handy to finally have another type of tool even if it is a rehashed aviation drum polisher
Re: BufferPro unit looks the goods
March 27, 2011 03:13PM
So are you ready to purchase one? Special deals for those "down-under."

Let me know

Bud "Abraham
March 27, 2011 08:27PM
Svr 73

I met with Jim Farrell(Inventor) on Friday here in Naples Fl. We compared notes on boat detailing methods.He showed me his 3 step method using 3 grits of compound with the Buff Pro to restore shine on gelcoat. He does use a high speed makita with a wool pad for tight areas.

I showed him my one step method using a pre cleaner that does not use grit using a foam pad. I feel both results were very close IMO.He stated his compounds were $150 a gallon.The one I use is $20 a gallon.

I agree that his polisher has merit when using compound. It prevents swirls by applying even pressure.If correction is needed, his polisher is one that I would
consider.
March 27, 2011 10:52PM
Bill

Can we have a little clarification on the matter of 3 steps vs 1 step.

Bill called me to tell me about your meeting. He said that all your one step did was cover, but not remove the oxidation. It put a shine on it but did not remove the oxidation. Further, that he used some cleaner and "washed" your product off the boat and that other people at the marina all agreed that your product did nothing but cover the oxidation, a temporary fix.

Glad you recognize that the BUFFPRO is an excellent tool for applications where correction, polishing and swirl removing is necessary compared with a rotary buffer.

Regards
Bud Abraham
March 28, 2011 02:47AM
Bud
Your statement makes no sense.
Bill called me to tell me about your meeting. He said that all your one step did was cover, but not remove the oxidation.

Do you mean Jim called you? I really do not know how you cover oxidation without
removing it.

"It put a shine on it but did not remove the oxidation".How do you do that?
"Further, that he used some cleaner and "washed" your product off the boat and that other people at the marina all agreed that your product did nothing but cover the oxidation, a temporary fix".

Well my response is that there were no people there I saw that made that comment.
When I was done polishing he grabbed a wash mit with a soap solution and wiped
the area I polished with it, but the shine did not go away.

His process entails 3 grits (harsh to less) using the buff pro in 3 steps.
He did an area and it looked good,but IMO there was not much difference in shine.

The area I polished for him was the same as my boat video. Check it out,
[www.youtube.com]

I did this with my one step process. Does this look like a temp fix to you.

I stated that if you use compound for correction then the buff pro is what I would suggest using.Although,by using most products on the market for the final step will lead to more polishing down the road. That is why Jim is considering
using AT-5 for his final step on boats.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 03:04AM by billd55.
March 28, 2011 02:57AM
Bill this is not what Jim told me. I will have him post his comments direct so I am not the middleman.

Regards
March 28, 2011 03:20AM
Bud

Here is a email I sent him and his response:

Nice!

Jim Farrell
239-992-2220
www.all-shine.net

-----Original message-----

To: buffpro@all-shine.net
Sent: Fri, Mar 25, 2011 20:55:15 GMT+00:00
Subject: A video you may like to see

Jim
it was good meeting you. I thought I would forward this video I did some time back . This boat I started new with AT-5, and it was buffed using the method I showed you.It had been around six plus months since the last detail.

[www.youtube.com]

Here is what you need:

AT-5 High Flash
Pre-Treatment Plus ( white)

I really feel that doing a small spot the size of a basketball is not a fair test,
or spending an hour with him either. Maybe he was being polite by this comment,
and if he has doubts about my methods that's fine. I tried to share some info
that I felt would help him because you asked me to meet with him.

Here is something to consider. The boat in this video is in salt water 24 hours
a day 365 days a year. Also, the hull is rarely washed and is exposed to high temps and humidity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 03:49AM by billd55.
March 28, 2011 03:27AM
bill
i looked at your youtube video and my question is this. if you did this boat with your system 6 months ago why is the dark blue part so chalky and white with oxidation ? i have a boat that gets waxed once each spring and sits in the water all season and it doesn't get thast milky looking. whats so special about your process if 6 months later it looks so faded and oxidized ?
March 28, 2011 04:12AM
The reason is simple. The left part is where I buffed. The middle part shows what it looked like where the owner washed it with boat soap before I polished it.
I tried to show the difference.By the way it was more than six months since I last did it.

Towards the front is where he could not wash from the dock.That is why it has a great shine and was not polished.

Is your boat in salt water, or in South Florida? If not, then it is in fresh water.
BIG DIFFERENCE. Imagine what salt does to a car in the winter. Now imagine 12 months of extreme temps and humidity, and never washing it.This boat is in the salt water all year long. Does that answer your question?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 12:57PM by billd55.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login