Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

People can't post

Posted by Profile Detailer 
People can't post
September 17, 2011 09:32PM
I think the Spam Filter is preventing a lot of replies, etc. I can't do it on threads. Keeps asking me to log-in and log-in and log-in!!
Re: People can't post
September 18, 2011 11:04PM
Yeah, I agree, but I do understand why they had to do it.
Who wants to buy a friggen purse on a automotive detailing forum?
I am not around much anymore, too much drama, too much of "ego posts", so the hell with it, is where I am going.
Sorry, been spending more time around a forum and site that is well moderated and everyone from the enthusist to the "real pro's" are posting, without the "drama".
Grumpy
September 19, 2011 09:57AM
Autopia has lifted the ban on most former members including ketch ,bud and even mirrorfinishman(the guy who would sing a song instead of answering a question lol) It still has lots of ego posts ,comedy,and also very imformative info from true pros like ketch ,bud and others.Has come a long way from when david ran it.
September 19, 2011 03:37PM
Having to log in every time is a pain, but is OK if it keeps the spanners off this web site.
September 19, 2011 04:02PM
actually, maybe the settings have been changed a little here now. I couldn't post anything at all for a week or two.

Glad you are getting the right audience now, Ketch. Autopia is good although still a little bit of drama and people posting bad advice. Its nowhere near as bad as the Detailing World forum in the UK. That's a nightmare now.
September 19, 2011 05:10PM
Pro Mobile Details Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Autopia has lifted the ban on most former members
> including ketch ,bud and even
> mirrorfinishman(the guy who would sing a song
> instead of answering a question lol) It still has
> lots of ego posts ,comedy,and also very
> imformative info from true pros like ketch ,bud
> and others.Has come a long way from when david
> ran it.

Very true. It sure has come a long way!!!
September 19, 2011 05:13PM
Profile Detailer Wrote:
> > Autopia is good although still a little bit
> of drama and people posting bad advice

What's stopping you from giving your input over there (like Ketch) to help straighten people out?
September 19, 2011 07:12PM
Pro-Techt Wrote:
> Profile Detailer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > Autopia is good although still a little bit
> > of drama and people posting bad advice
>
>
> What's stopping you from giving your input over
> there (like Ketch) to help straighten people out?

I do, very frequently. I just have a different user-name there. Its a very good forum though and some of the discussions I have with people on and off the board are extremely interesting!
September 21, 2011 06:04AM
Very sorry to hear some have had problems using the message board. As you've guessed, I had to tighten up things to deal with the spamming problem and that is the result. I have loosened up the log-in time requirements, hopefully it will be easier to use.

Regards,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com]
paul@web-cars.com
November 24, 2011 03:24PM
"Autopia has lifted the ban on most former members including ketch ,bud and even mirrorfinishman"

It is really funny how many of you (PRO -TECHT)here judge me for being banned from other forums as a bad thing, but then I read this:

"Autopia has lifted the ban on most former members including ketch ,bud and even mirrorfinishman(the guy who would sing a song instead of answering a question lol) It still has lots of ego posts ,comedy,and also very imformative info from true pros like ketch ,bud and others."

I am wondering what imformative info Bud and Ketch have provided here to consider them true pros? They must have been banned from Autopia for some reason in the first place? Was it all the imformative info they provided? I have been following this forum for some time, and I am at a loss
to see one thing of info Bud or Ketch have provided here.

I have tried to show detailers a way to provide their customers real paint protection, prevent swirl marks, and at a fair price. You
would think that would be informative info, but all I get is indifference and rudeness. I have taken time to post videos as proof that what I say
is fact, not just talk. Many of you bring up the fact that I have been banned from forums as a reason to not listen to what I say. Well, I guess
Pro Mobile Details gives Ketch and Bud a pass on that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2011 03:28PM by billd55.
November 24, 2011 05:48PM
You were correct, the ban that was put on me over 10 years ago was lifted, but unfortunately many of the detailers on Autopia did not like it when I disagreed with there, incorrect information, about chemicals and other issues, and guess what, enough of them protested to the webmasters and they banned me again. Alas

You know that Autopia is owned by 3-D Products, although they do not manage Autopia they have others do that.

Regards
Bud Abraham
November 25, 2011 02:12AM
"I am wondering what imformative info Bud and Ketch have provided here to consider them true pros?"
Bill asking that question is proof how little you really know about the industry.....
I have been on the forums since 96 and have seen them come and go but you are among the thickest to date.
November 25, 2011 04:05AM
billd55 Wrote:
> "Autopia has lifted the ban on most former members
> including ketch ,bud and even mirrorfinishman"
>
>
> It is really funny how many of you (PRO
> -TECHT)here judge me for being banned from other
> forums as a bad thing, but then I read this:
>
> "Autopia has lifted the ban on most former members
> including ketch ,bud and even mirrorfinishman(the
> guy who would sing a song instead of answering a
> question lol) It still has lots of ego posts
> ,comedy,and also very imformative info from true
> pros like ketch ,bud and others."
>
>
> I am wondering what imformative info Bud and Ketch
> have provided here to consider them true pros?
> They must have been banned from Autopia for some
> reason in the first place? Was it all the
> imformative info they provided? I have been
> following this forum for some time, and I am at a
> loss
> to see one thing of info Bud or Ketch have
> provided here.
>
>
> I have tried to show detailers a way to provide
> their customers real paint protection, prevent
> swirl marks, and at a fair price. You
> would think that would be informative info, but
> all I get is indifference and rudeness. I have
> taken time to post videos as proof that what I say
>
> is fact, not just talk. Many of you bring up the
> fact that I have been banned from forums as a
> reason to not listen to what I say. Well, I guess
> Pro Mobile Details gives Ketch and Bud a pass on
> that one.
>
>
>
>
>
> .

Bill, the only thing you've proven yet again is your lack of knowledge not just on detailing, but forums(Autopia specifically) as well. Unless you have followed Autopia over the years (which I'm quite sure you haven't as it's pretty much one of the only forums you haven't posted on, thus ultimately being banned from) then you shouldn't stick your foot in the door of this conversation which is far over your grasp of understanding.

As far as YOU being banned from multiple forums.....yes it is a bad thing (good for detailing though) and only reinforces that you can't mesh with the real world primarily because you can only push your agenda of your miracle acrylic sealant that you *think* offers "real paint protection". Besides Web-Cars, is there a forum you haven't been banned from that allows this type of rediculousness?
November 25, 2011 04:19AM
buda Wrote:
> You were correct, the ban that was put on me over
> 10 years ago was lifted, but unfortunately many of
> the detailers on Autopia did not like it when I
> disagreed with there, incorrect information, about
> chemicals and other issues, and guess what, enough
> of them protested to the webmasters and they
> banned me again. Alas
>
> You know that Autopia is owned by 3-D Products,
> although they do not manage Autopia they have
> others do that.
>
> >

Bud - You're *somewhat* correct with the 1st paragraph, but wrong about the 2nd. 3D does indeed own and manage Autopia, but they have several moderators that are not affiliated with them managing/monitoring the day to day going ons with the forum. You and several other members were originally banned when the prior owner (David Bynon) ran things. Mostly because he had discourse for anyone affiliated with the industry that would post there. But, after 3D purchased the forum from David Bynon, the new administration decided to allow and invite all the prior banned members back for another chance to participate under an updated open door agenda.
November 25, 2011 01:54PM
Protecht

What have you said here that has shown you have any real experience? You run your mouth off on how you are the GOD of detailing, but the only thing I have see from you is one picture of a black SUV you said you washed with Dawn. Personally, I am not a forum junkie like you who goes along with what ever the crowd says.

What you and other pros can never figure out is that what you consider protection is nothing of the sort. Beading is not protection! If you want to
wax your car then go right ahead. If it makes you happy to to go through that extra work for a temp short term shine fix then that is your right.
Personally, I am just plain sick of the advice that the pros are offering on these forums.

Many people who come on these forums know nothing about detailing, and listen to this totally BS that these forums give out. Buy this $300
wax that is no better than turtle wax that costs $9.00 at Walmart. Here is a perfect example:

Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts:5Rep Power:1New to detailing... Minor swirl problem.
Hey everyone,

I have a 2010 Audi A4, so my paint is fairly new... (nonmetallic black paint)
It has a nice shine to it when clean, however, once the sun hits it, it become evident that I have a swirl mark problem. My main concern is getting rid of these swirls as they are driving me crazy. The catch is I have to detail the car on Friday because I have a show on Saturday. Here is what I currently have:

Gold Class Car Wash
ScratchX 2.0
Gold Class Carnauba Plus
Clay
Quick Detailer

Now, like I stated, my paint is not that bad at all. The swirls are very minor and can only be seen in direct sunlight. Otherwise, the paint is very shiny/glossy.

I should probably order SwirlX and use that instead of ScratchX 2.0 correct? (I am very worried about doing more harm than good).

Do I need to order some type of polish to use in between the SwilX and wax?

Thanks guys

Re: New to detailing... Minor swirl problem.
Sorry for the double post! I did not realize that I couldn't edit my post...

I have done some further research, including studying the Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle thread.

I definitely do not want to use ScratchX 2.0 on my car. My swirls are not bad at all, and I am scared to death of making it worse. I am also hesitant to use SwirlX because I don't think it may be necessary. The 5-step cycle says to use a polish between cleaning and waxing. Would the "Ultimate Polish" be ideal? The reviewers on Amazon say that the Ultimate Polish eliminated their swirl marks.

This guy is on the road to correction land with dreams that next expensive product he buys will make his black Audi look new forever.
If that is his choice then that is fine with me, but at least he should have the right to hear the other side of the story. Why do you think I have been
banned from two forums? Because if newbies hear the truth then they may not buy the crap these forums sell.

No one to my knowledge has used AT-5, but all including yourself continue to say I am wrong in what I say about wax. Protecht, please stop
responding to my posts with your same insults.If you do not agree with what I say then that is your right, but it is time to put your ego back in
pocket and mind your own business.
December 20, 2011 04:14AM
What I don't get is people who only preach about the use of an outdated teflon sealant by thinking that it makes their paint look good when in fact they are missing the boat when it comes to real shine. Anytime you apply a product like this to your finish and it makes it look different, it's a temporary effect until the washes away. If you properly polish your car to an initial high gloss, you may not need anything other then light rejuvination and periodic waxes/sealants (your choice) to help preserve your work as long as you use proper wash methods.
December 20, 2011 01:44PM
What I don't get is people who only preach about the use of an outdated teflon sealant by thinking that it makes their paint look good when in fact they are missing the boat when it comes to real shine. Anytime you apply a product like this to your finish and it makes it look different, it's a temporary effect until the washes away. If you properly polish your car to an initial high gloss, you may not need anything other then light rejuvination and periodic waxes/sealants (your choice) to help preserve your work as long as you use proper wash methods.

My comments:

If Pro-Skeptic really called GEM, why did he not ask Richard for a sample? There he goes again talking about something he does not have a remote clue about, and the way he writes this post clearly shows that.

Anytime you apply a product like this to your finish and it makes it look different, it's a temporary effect until the washes away.

He must be talking about the crap he uses because AT-5 does not make the finish look different, nor is it temporary. By the way, how does he know this in the first place? That's right , because he has never used the product.

If you properly polish your car to an initial high gloss, you may not need anything other then light rejuvination and periodic waxes/sealants (your choice) to help preserve your work as long as you use proper wash methods.

Well if you detail the so called cars that Pro-Skeptic does that may be the case since they are in the garage all the time.
Although, if you actually drive your car that will not be the case, and even using proper wash methods(what ever the hell they are) you will have swirls sometime, and that will mean correction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login