Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Acrylic post on another forum

Posted by billd55 
Acrylic post on another forum
December 04, 2011 04:25PM
[www.autopiaforums.com]

I would suggest all you newbies check out this post on acrylic sealants. Notice the moderator ToddH bias again'st them with this statement:

I'm not sure I would agree that pure acrylics offer better protection

I have have talked to him on this very subject, He has stated on this forum that he would like to try a true acrylic sealant, but he is too busy.
I gave him the info on where to get one that is located in Florida.Actually, I was banned for talking about this subject on his forum.

You will notice the response from several people:

I have questions though. Based on the Polymer vs Acrylic... Why do I get so much better protection from Acrylic sealants than Polymer's? And if Acrylic sealants offer better protection why are there not more of them?

I would like to know as well.

My Comments:

Blackfire Wet Diamond is a wax that is mixed with a Polymer that allows it to withstand more washings. It offers no real protection
other than any other polyselant on the market.A true acrylic bonds to the clearcoat, and does not allow the elements to go thru it or stick to it.

Info from websites:

A top rated sealant that offers incredible depth and gloss, surface slickness, and great durability, while being easy to apply and remove
Boosted by Polycharger technology, Wet Diamond is an extremely durable polymer sealant

Polycharger is a professional strength additive for consumer grade and boutique brand car waxes.

Polycharger is the cure-all prescription for car waxes that don't last through more than a few washes. Polycharger is for people who have limited time to wax and maintain their car's paint finish and those who demand the very best paint protection and a long-lasting shine.

Polycharger is a polymer booster for liquid waxes, paint sealants, and quick detail sprays. Polycharger added to an ordinary wax makes it extraordinary! Improve the shine, durability, and protection of your favorite wax.

Offers superior protection you can see, wash-after-wash!
Saves you time & money!
Works with your favorite wax product.

Why are there not more of them?

That is a good question, and that is why I am here trying to change that, but it is hard when people like ToddH and many others who undermine the product with zero information.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 04:35PM by billd55.
Re: Acrylic post on another forum
December 04, 2011 11:54PM
Bill are you saying that AT5 has no silicone in it?

Bud Abraham
December 05, 2011 01:04AM
Bud

If you really want to know the answer to your question here is what you do. Call 1-800-6detail and ask for Rich. I am sure he can answer that for you.
December 06, 2011 03:50AM
The point of the question is to know whether you know that. I know Richard knows.

Actually Richard and I have been in communication lately.

You are the one pontificating about acrylic paint sealants etc. I want to know if you know whether it has silicone in it or not??

Regards
December 06, 2011 02:22PM
You are the one pontificating about acrylic paint sealants etc. I want to know if you know whether it has silicone in it or not??

I really do not see what your point is here? IF you have been talking to rich than I am sure he told you my experience with this product. Once again, your questions are not for knowledge, but for a gotta situation to discredit me and AT-5. I will not respond to your silly questions, so please stop posting on my posts.
December 06, 2011 02:48PM
Bud

It is really time for you to get off your high horse. I have a strong opinion on a product I use, and established methods in the detailing industry. SO WHAT? You do to, but you do not see me attacking you all the time. Personally, I am sick of your
constant advertising for your company products here. On most forums that would never fly.

I have asked you several times to mind your business, but for some reason you feel it necessary to continue to add your bias
opinion on my posts, and ask questions that you have asked more than once. You are not a moderator here so stop acting like one.
December 06, 2011 02:59PM
Direct question for Bill: Does AT-5 have silicone in it? Yes or No question = Yes or No answer......
December 06, 2011 03:37PM
Direct question for Bill: Does AT-5 have silicone in it? Yes or No question = Yes or No answer......

Pro-Techt

I can see that you cannot think for yourself without Bud or Ron helping you, but what in the hell does it really matter
if I do or not. What ever way I answer it will make no difference to you. Clearly, you have no interest here but to bad mouth me and AT-5. Others here just let it go, but not you.

Since Bud has been talking to Rich at Gem than he should know the question himself. I could easily call Rich to see if Bud has contacted him, but who cares. I really do not have the time to spend responding to you and Bud.
December 07, 2011 02:53AM
Im sure that AT5 does have some sort of silicone in it.
December 07, 2011 03:03AM
Larry

Who cares ? I look at the results not what is in it.
December 07, 2011 02:57PM
Silicone is a good thing, most waxes/sealants have silicone in them. The queston was , does AT5 have silicone in it . The answer should have been 'yes'.
December 07, 2011 03:37PM
Does anyone know of a wax/sealant that doesn't contain silicone?
December 07, 2011 04:44PM
Depends on what one considers a "silicone".
"Body Shop Safe" products do not, or are supposed to not, contain dimethal silicone oils/fluids due to the "fish-eye" concern they may create.
However, most do contain a "siloxane resin" in the formula as it is not an evaporative oil/fluid. these are of the "amino functional" family.
Siloxane resins are in automotive paint, so that should explain a bit of why they are "body shop safe" when certain ones are used in polishing products.
What I am attempting to get across is how people confuse a "silicone" with a "siloxane".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login