Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHEN THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG - Part III

Posted by buda 
WHEN THE CUSTOMER IS WRONG - Part III
December 08, 2011 02:04AM
In Part I we thanked the customer; aplogized for the inconvenience and took ownership of the problemm.

In Part II we fixed the problem and fixed it cheerfully without question or complaining.

Now, we have a customer who is at least moderately satisfied and should not complain about your detail business to their relatives and friends, or anyone else who will listen. So go a step further and create an "ADVOCATE" for your business. A person who will rave to others about what a great company you are to do business with.

Now that you have resolved the customer's complaint, "Do Something Extra." Say to the customer, "gosh, I am so sorry that you were troubled with your experience with our company, and I want to make it up to you by....."

That's right, "gift" the customer with something of value. Don't just "settle accounts" by fixing the problem, go beyond by giving them something extra at no charge. Does not have to be anything elaborate, for example:

Maybe a free fabric protectant on the carpets and fabric seats. A free followup wax job in 60 days. A free wax on another car in the family.

This is symbolic atonement, and the concept works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2011 06:38AM by buda.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login