Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Time to give up the PC?

Posted by billd55 
Time to give up the PC?
December 21, 2011 05:12PM
Time to give up the PC? - 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Guys, i have used a pc on my peronal cars for about 5 years. I simply apply polishes to it. I remove by hand. I have a black bmw x3 now and I cant get the swirls out. I have tried several different methods. I have LC white/orange/ and black. I even have the 4" spot buff pads, white and yellow. I have tried Poorboys SSR 2.5 and some other off the shelf brands. I always like the poorboys because it was easy on and easy off. Its about 3 years old so I dont know if its lost it cutting ability or what. I heard the paint was very soft on the bmw's so I dont get it. DO I need to use another method, or just risk the chance of burning the paint with a rotary because I have never used one? I am open to all suggestions.

Pro-Skeptic

Why do'nt you answer this guys question. You seem to have all the answers,
Re: Time to give up the PC?
December 21, 2011 06:25PM
It's obvious that this person doesn't know what they're doing. Not only is he using poor technique, but also inferior products. A DA, when used properly, can be a great tool to level defects safely. Rotary polishers, or what you like to refer to them as "wheels" are not the solution to this person's problem.
December 21, 2011 06:50PM
Why not explain what the proper technique would be.What is wrong with the products he is using?
December 21, 2011 06:52PM
Why don't you take a gamble at it 1st? What are your experiences with a high powered DA?
December 21, 2011 06:58PM
Why don't you take a gamble at it 1st? What are your experiences with a high powered DA?

I am not the expert here on correction, and I want to know where this guy is going wrong . What is wrong with the products he uses.
December 21, 2011 07:11PM
Why do you really care? Are you going to be the one helping this person?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 07:17PM by Pro-Techt.
December 21, 2011 07:53PM
No. I would just like to hear your answer.
December 21, 2011 08:00PM
But why does it even interest you if you don't do or believe in correction or use these products? I don't want to waste my time trying to explain something to someone who has no need or interest in it. Especially if you aren't the one who's experiencing the problem in the 1st place.
December 21, 2011 08:06PM
Because you do, and I want to know your reasons why, Humor me.
December 21, 2011 08:12PM
Nothing funny about it really. I can't give you a crash course in professional paint correction with the snap of my keyboard.
December 25, 2011 01:29PM
nothing wrong with rotaries, only the dickhead behind the wheel
DA's are great tools indeed but much improvement is coming to them very soon. we've seen nothing yet

Bill - lots has moved on since poorboys brought that stuff out. Compounds are obsolete, foam pads are still great but now we have ten different types of pad materials for more than just defect removal. microfibrepads, rayon pads, silk wool, wool/microfibre blends, velvet, denim etc

speed, orbit throw, machine torque, applied pressure, perfectly centred pad, product used and technique are the factors that determine if someone can correct with a DA or RO or not
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login