Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tornador Black

Posted by concoursgarage 
Tornador Black
January 08, 2012 04:10PM
Tornador has a new tool Tornador black and Tornador z vacuum attachment... Does anyone here use the Tornador?

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Tornador Black
January 08, 2012 07:40PM
I have one, but haven't used it in a long while. While its a great idea in theory, I just don't like it in practice. When I reverted back to my regular triggers sprays, brushes and the compressor blow gun, I do a better job faster. And for problem spots in tight areas, I like the dry vapour steam better.

If I had a choice, I would buy a steamer over a Tornador any time.
January 08, 2012 11:10PM
Wow! we find it is an invaluable tool! and a must have
January 09, 2012 05:51AM
All that spray in the interior, you need to wear glasses and a dust mask and they inhibit what you can see. You need to wipe hard surfaces again anyway since it just got damp with the spray. For fabric and carpet, anything that can be cleaned with a tornador can be cleaned as easily by hand with a towel and the right product. I guess it just doesn't fit in my processes as well as it does in yours. smiling smiley
January 09, 2012 09:55AM
I'd get a steamer over a tornador also.
January 09, 2012 01:56PM
I never use the bottle with chemicals only the gun..
January 09, 2012 03:52PM
You mean you don't use any solution at all? Why don't you use the regular blow-gun.... what's the difference?
January 09, 2012 03:58PM
I do not use any solution... I cannot stand the way it atomizes... and makes me disgustingly sick... it is great tool
January 09, 2012 10:40PM
For sure.... those detergents give me headaches in enclosed spaces.

Okay, I guess I will have to try it without the bottle. I never thought of that. Looking at the videos for the tornador black, I wasn't really impressed. I just kept thinking, "give it a wipe, FFS"!!!

Gina, do you use that Drill brush?
January 09, 2012 10:57PM
Drill brushes are toys..and I think using a electrical tool (buffer) with a brush attachment and water or any liquid is a recepie for disaster .. I use an air brush attached to an air hose and have been doing so for many years.

Tornador black has more power than the original and it can blow debris out of cup holders, map pockets, between seats and fibers very quickly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2012 11:03PM by concoursgarage.
January 09, 2012 11:29PM
The air-powered units are not available here, neither are the brushes. They would work out expensive for me to ship in replacement heads etc.

I was just thinking the brush-head on the cordless drill would be harmless enough, but it they aren't effective in professional use, I will skip it.

Thanks again Gina.
January 10, 2012 03:20AM
I will pm you on how to make your own and link to buy brushes which are not expensive
January 11, 2012 06:27PM
So Gina, I think you may have increased my interest in the old Tornador again. I didn't like mine because I found it only released spray intermittently and never really worked properly. I took it out today to see how you might be using it without the liquid though, and can't figure out how you prefer it to the regular blow-gun on the compressor.

But on a side note, I rang my Tornador distributor and gave out to them for selling me a piece of crap.... they told me try removing the metal ball on the end of the inside-stem and see if it performed better. And what do ya know.... it started working properly. I took it apart a couple of times to clean it out and try fix the spray-problem but I never thought of leaving the ball off!!

Now, I'm still going to pick and choose its uses, because I hate the vapour on the interior and the way it creates a sticky film on the inside glass. But still, I'd love to know how you use it without the bottles.... !!

PS, did ya forget about the brush info? smiling smiley
January 29, 2012 01:43PM
Gina, what do you think of the Tornador Foam Gun?
January 29, 2012 04:45PM
I like it..but you have to be careful.. it is bit top heavy and can turn over easily and break. so wrap the big round nozzle with sponge or tape.. I use it to apply car wash soap, or apply apc or shampoo directly to very dirty carpets..
January 29, 2012 08:16PM
I think I will buy one for dry-foaming carpets. No doubt I will play around with it for applying exterior cleaners as well.

Thanks. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login