Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Barking Dog and the Bicycle

Posted by Custom Detail 
February 12, 2012 10:18PM
Many you here know me personally and have heard me say this many times, or have read it in something I’ve written!

It certainly applies here!!

You are riding your bicycle thru the neighborhood and a dog appears from nowhere and starts barking and chasing you.

You now have two choices,

A: Kick at the dog which than realizes it got your attention and go nuts barking and trying to bit.

Or

B: Ignore it and keep riding, Very quickly the dog will become boarded and find something else to chase.

Now change the dog to a person. See the similarities?

If you were to have a conversation one on one about a problem the two of you might have, it would most likely be resolved quickly.
But allow them to use something others have said, or to allow them to back it up with what they believe is fact but in reality is fantasy, they will suddenly become a bad ass idiot saying stupid and hurtful things.

Sound familiar?

My choice is, to keep riding and enjoy the day! ( although from time to time a quick kick ) I hope that all of my friends here will take this to hart and choose to be the better person when comes to the barking dog.

This quote fits to a tee!

"Small minded people talk about people, while Brilliant minded people talk about thoughts and ideas." -Michael Dlouhy
Re: Barking Dog and the Bicycle
February 13, 2012 08:41AM
I personally would like to apologise to new viewers of the forum. It has turned into a whole heap of bad information for anyone looking for help and advice. No wonder there are no new members. It just gets worse and worse.
February 13, 2012 04:08PM
Quote:

But allow them to use something others have said, or to allow them to back it up with what they believe is fact but in reality is fantasy, they will suddenly become a bad ass idiot saying stupid and hurtful things.

Randy
Well I guess that when you call me a dumbass, That in your mind is not considered hurtful. It is a two way street.
February 13, 2012 05:09PM
Quote from Profile:

I personally would like to apologise to new viewers of the forum. It has turned into a whole heap of bad information for anyone looking for help and advice. No wonder there are no new members. It just gets worse and worse.

Here is a comment from a new viewer coming to this forum for help and advise:

moonlight46 [ PM ]
Re: water spots
December 10, 2011 11:57AM Registered: 2 months ago
billd55 your right the others dont understand this is my problem its really not that bad i could easily have them removed at a detail shop but i thought i could get some advice from you guys but i guess not. you see the car is clean , hot and it only has 10,500 miles on it the paint shine like new money except for the water spots the car is perfect if i could post some pic. i would show you its a black charger SRT 6.1 HEMI need i say more.

Profile Detailer

You talk about this business you run in Canada, but you will not even post your website for some reason, We do not even
know your real name, a email address,or have seen one example of your work either. This seems odd to me, so why
would any new person ask you for advise.

Maybe no one comes to this site because of the members here who act like a bunch of cry babies when someone like
myself questions something thing that they make money from. Because what I say sounds stupid to certain people here,
does not mean I am wrong.

Quote from Randy:

But allow them to use something others have said, or to allow them to back it up with what they believe is fact but in reality is fantasy,

This is a very open minded statement(not really) that makes zero sense. So in Randy's mind if someone makes a statement , and I call them on that, it is wrong. I certainly have not got that break here. When has Randy offered one
thing here to show what I say is fantasy as he calls it, except call me a "dumbass".

Here is just example of what I get all the time:

I knew I shouldn't have posted here. I swore I wouldn't enter another discussion.....

Look above again, Bill. You seem to have selective memory. Or is it that you don't know what you are talking about when you keep making statements....

Here was the question asked from me:

How do you know that polymers do not bond to themselves? Where is the evidence?

Constantly, I am asked for evidence, but what about others here. When certain members do not like what they hear from me they ignoreit and ask the question over and over like this one. This question has no answer to it . Here is why:

First, this is a very vague question. What exact polymers are you talking about? Many sealants have polymers added to them,including waxes. AT-5 could be could be considered a polymer sealant using your logic of sealants. AT-5 will bond to clear coat paint and to itself. WHY? Simple. Most clear coat paint finishes are Acrylic Polyurethanes, and since AT-5 is a true acrylic formulation which was designed to bond to this paint and to it self, so my answer to this question makes perfect sense .

Natural polymeric materials such as shellac, amber, and natural rubber have been used for centuries. A variety of other natural polymers exist, such as cellulose, which is the main constituent of wood and paper. The list of synthetic polymers includes synthetic rubber, Bakelite, neoprene, nylon, PVC, polystyrene, polyethylene, polypropylene, polyacrylonitrile, PVB, silicone, and many more.

Considering this, your question is just toooo vague to answer . Some may , but some may not.

If bad info according to Profile Detailer is: how to prevent wash induced swirl marks, and really protect your paint then
you can all determine for yourself the content of my info.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 06:47PM by billd55.
February 13, 2012 07:41PM
What makes you think I was talking about you, Bill?

Why are you always jumping down my neck?
February 13, 2012 08:32PM
Quote:

What makes you think I was talking about you, Bill?

Why are you always jumping down my neck?

Well then who are you talking about ? It is sure clear who Randy is talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 08:34PM by billd55.
February 16, 2012 10:14PM
Let me second the apology to new members. Bill has worn out his welcome .
February 17, 2012 04:02PM
Quote:

Let me second the apology to new members. Bill has worn out his welcome .

Opinions vary , and that is just yours.
February 25, 2012 04:37PM
Bill gets the last word once again !!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login