Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

More aggressive moderation?

Posted by paulp 
More aggressive moderation?
February 22, 2012 05:29AM
Would more aggressive moderation of the Auto Detailing: Secrets of the Experts Phorum make for a better message board?

Regards,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com]
Re: More aggressive moderation?
February 25, 2012 04:02PM
Paul-
Most want moderation due to one person and that doesn't count those who got tired of Bill D's stuff and are gone !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2012 04:04PM by Doug Delmont.
February 25, 2012 04:35PM
I am not gone, just leery of starting to take part and have the same old condition return.
September 13, 2012 12:02AM
I voting for more aggressive moderation again.
September 13, 2012 12:49AM
Pro-Techt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I voting for more aggressive moderation again.

Me too

Let start with you David and Ron. Your outright abuse and rotten language should not be tolerated. You should be allowed to act like thugs and control what you do like to hear.

Bud should not be allowed to spam this forum selling his products either.
September 13, 2012 12:58AM
Wah! Wah! Wah!, Sob!, Sob!, Sob!
Once again, get out the box of tissues.
September 13, 2012 01:04AM
Ketch22 Wrote:
> Wah! Wah! Wah!, Sob!, Sob!, Sob!
> Once again, get out the box of tissues.

I feel Ron should be banned from this forum. Really, do pros talk like this?
I would expect this from a 3rd grader, and not grown man of his age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2012 01:20AM by detailer.
September 13, 2012 01:15AM
Hack, what is one to say, all you do is cry, cry, cry because no one will listen to you, read your post or respond other than those of us who know your true lack of experience and abilities.
We just don't care for your constant attempts to lead those who do wish to know how to handle the entire detailing process down a path to one product, and your attacks on paint correction, let alone that I don't think I have ever read a post from you regarding the handling or correction of stains in the interiors, damaged exterior trim, stained or corroded wheels, etc, etc.
Then there are the other concerns such as poor bodyshop paint repairs and what to do, what components of various marketed car care products may actually be damaging to the vehicle, etc.
The list goes on and on, a true professional detailer has to deal with such issues everyday they go to work.
All of which are what a true pro detailer has knowledge of, or they spend time to seek out documented answers, so they know there is more to the detailing business than AT5 and your rants about an old product that has had it's day in the sun.
September 13, 2012 01:30AM
Quote:

We just don't care for your constant attempts to lead those who do wish to know how to handle the entire detailing process down a path to one product, and your attacks on paint correction

You do not care, but others may. what goes you the right to speak for other people.

Quote>
let alone that I don't think I have ever read a post from you regarding the handling or correction of stains in the interiors, damaged exterior trim, stained or corroded wheels, etc, etc.

Stains either come out ,or they do not. Sure, you can dye the carpets,but that is it.

Damaged or stained trim are not really in the area of detailing. Either is corroded wheels.
September 13, 2012 01:44AM
Yup, once again you have demonstrated why the name "Hack" fits you.
And an affront to every dedicated professional detailer who work to learn and practice the craftsmanship of true detailing.
September 13, 2012 01:54AM
Ketch22 Wrote:
> Yup, once again you have demonstrated why the name
> "Hack" fits you.
> And an affront to every dedicated professional
> detailer who work to learn and practice the
> craftsmanship of true detailing.

Ron

You are a dumbass for one reason. You have never done mobile detailing for a living, and what you do understand is that some jobs are not possible or profitable without a shop. Why dont you shut up ,and stop acting like an authority on detailing. Doing body work and painting is what it is , but it is not detailing,
September 13, 2012 02:04AM
Oh, poor Hack, I did mobile detailing in Southern California for about a year as I learned more about the business.
Did quite well, I might add.
As time permitts in the next couple of months, as a matter of fact, I would have to say that since I have two boats to do for some folks, at the Yacht Club, I am still able to be "mobile".
September 13, 2012 02:18AM
Ron

What year was that exactly? Why only one year? I have been doing it for many years and I am still learning things.
September 13, 2012 02:31AM
1987, in the Burbank area, and only one year as I was not doing the mobile bit for a career, but so I could prove out processes and learn what mobile detailers faced everyday.
Floyd Mequiar, who I worked for, Finish Kare, allowed me the time to go out and do so, he said I needed to learn other than in a shop, etc.
I also did all the set up and training and servicing, for 9 of Anglo American auto auctions while at FK.
What the detailers in SoCal face is much different than say some one in Buffalo, NY or Dallas, Tx.
I have spend many, many weeks, months, years, working in the field, with mobile detailers, full detail shops, port operations, body shops, pre-delivery operations for Chrysler and Ford, many different assembly plants, etc all across this nation, as well as other countries around the globe, from Europe, to Asia, to Central and South America.
It is part of learning what they have to deal with so I could be an asset to their businesses.
September 13, 2012 03:12AM
Quote:

What the detailers in SoCal face is much different than say some one in Buffalo, NY or Dallas, Tx.

Really, that is real shocking. Gee, I never considered that.

With all your years spent in this field . Why can a hack like me find a solution to swirl marks , but you cannot?

In 1989, I started mobile detailing , and never did anything else. I learned what worked by trial and error because there was no internet. Now, there are detailers trained by forums and quickie courses who bring this business down by cheap
prices and cheap work.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2012 03:41AM by detailer.
September 16, 2012 01:57PM
Paul

Yes I would be in favor of more aggressive moderation. When individuals begin to dominate a site it looses it's interest for others. Have seen this on numerous detailing sites.

Sites that are moderated keep these types of individuals away from the site and the truly interested people out in the detail cyber-world participate.

Please do moderate.

Regards
Bud Abraham
September 16, 2012 06:09PM
Come on Bill, quit fighting with everbody. You are a expert , and so are they. You guys should just try to get along. There is more detailing knowedge on this form then in any other form. It was fun to see all the arguments , but know its getting old hat.
September 16, 2012 08:33PM
Larry you are most kind to Bill. The only expertise Bill has demonsrated by his comments is how to apply AT-5 which you can learn in 10 minutes applying it yourself.

The fact he does not recognize Ron Ketcham's expertise in the detail industry is evidence he knows very little.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login