Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Buffer Bill

Posted by Larry A 
Buffer Bill
April 20, 2012 03:48PM
It seems that since Buffer Bill left there isent much action anymore.Buffer Bill may have been a blow hard , but he kept things going.
Re: Buffer Bill
April 21, 2012 12:40AM
thats true, I dont post much anymore. am a replier not a thread starter
April 21, 2012 12:51AM
Larry your post is like poking a pole at a bee's nest and hoping nothing happens.

Regards
Bud Abraham
April 21, 2012 02:12AM
Im sorry Bud, I just though that when Buffer Bill was fighting with everybody there was more action on this form . Just like when you and Doug would go too it.
April 21, 2012 03:15AM
Yes, but for the most part, his posts were not about intelligent, proven resolutions to concerns, rather they were about "me, me, me and what me, me, me wants everyone to do!"
No real background, no real educated knowledge, that could be backed with documented facts, other than what he believed fit his agenda, etc.
He was a "case study" for some who are going into the study of mental health for sure.
Grumpy
April 21, 2012 04:56PM
Shh...please don't tempt the bees from their nest...the forum was not designed for entertainment and after awhile it became a free for all fracas with a lot of gibberish...As they say silence is golden... we should appreciate the silence instead of the incessant nonsense talking... Perhaps you might start the ball rolling again by posing some questions.. I am sure you could get it going again...
April 22, 2012 06:35AM
Larry :
I'm not going say much when a man is not here to defend himself .

The forum goes through slow periods sometimes. I like to think that the quality of information, humorous comments and so on are more important than the sheer volume of posts .

If you get bored, I recommend reading the hardback edition of "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand . If you are as impressed with it as I was, you'll find yourself involved in more arguments than Bud, Ketch and I ever generated . LOL ( And you'll be posting on philosophy forums too ! )
April 23, 2012 01:39AM
Im sorry guys, I wont bring it up anymore.
April 27, 2012 08:07PM
I kinda miss Bill in a strange way. I actually had fun engaging him at the end of his days here.

Bill - if you're reading this......Hello smiling smiley

His profile says: "This user doesn't exist or has been deactivated."

Does that mean he was banned?
April 28, 2012 10:40PM
Pro-Techt :
Bill decided to leave after members complained to the Webmaster about his conduct and a debate ensued .
April 29, 2012 12:41AM
I know what went down it that thread Doug, but did he Leave? Did he Stop Posting? His user ID says something to the *effect* of being banned. I wonder what the real story is?
April 29, 2012 02:28AM
Pro-Techt :
If he was banned, it is news to me . I remember his last post said something like , " I believe it is time for me to exit. "
Re: Buffer Bill reply
July 31, 2012 06:32PM
Yes this BillD55 I was banned by Paul, and please do no bother to respond to this post because I am sure it will be taken down soon by Paul.

I read this reply by Ron about me: Doug, not really.
Just keep in mind that I and a few others have spent decades in this business and have pretty much heard it all.
We have been through cycles of "new products-greatest thing since sliced bread" and watched as they quickly faded away.
Most because they were all marketing oriented or directed at the casual user, who bought them and forgot them.
Those of us who have spent the years making a living, full time, at detailing or formulating, selling, teaching, etc in the business do, on occassion become "done with the same old brags" by those who are not trained in the use of chemicals, processes and procedures.
The very things that made us long time professionals sometime makes it hard to take time and "here we go again, got to explain real basic's".
Stick around, as time goes on this place will get back to be a real asset to vistors who are open to learning.

When I read this statement from someone with years in the business it makes me scratch my head. The" greastest products since sliced bread" he mentions here are created by guys like himself and Bud. All they are the same products re packaged and marketed to make the average newbie think they are different, and that is why they are not around or used any more. Sure Ron and Bud can tell you all the chemicals in them because they sell or sold these types of products.. DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT CHEMICALS ARE USED IN PRODUCTS TODAY?

Take most any product sold in a store today, and you can find what is in them as far as chemicals used. Although, that is not the case with waxes and polysealants. How can anyone know if there is any difference between products when nothing is labeled. Ron and Bud are not chemists, but they act like one. I can do research on chemicals and see what they do if I knew what they were in the first place.

So I ask who can be considered a professional in this business? Ron or Bud.Well, am sure many here think so,but I wonder why .Have either ever discussed what chemicals are used in today's products and what they offer or side efects. Has Bud once mentioned why he says his product:"Unquestioningly the finest and most carefully formulated paint sealant on the market, and uses a outdated study to back it up.

Ron mentions that because I am not trained in the use of chemicals, processes and procedures I am a braggard for what I say. Has swirls marks gone away? No. Are people interested in preventing them?Yes. Does Ron or anyone here have a solution for them besides correction? No.

Many here complained I mentioned AT-5 to often, but if I never had a swirl problem with this product ever. There has to be a reason for it. You think pros would welcome info to offer a solution to swirl marks for their customers
Instead, they complain to Paul and finally get me banned. Well, Paul where are all those members that were going to leave if I was not banned. Have they posted one thing of importanace since I left here. WHERE ARE THE SECRETS FROM THE EXPERTS.

By the way AT5 has been mentioned on this forum before.

[web-cars.com]
Larry thanks for the defense, and Pro-Tech I appreciate the comment . No hard feelings on my part.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 01:37PM by detailer.
Re: Buffer Bill reply
July 31, 2012 06:36PM
Good to see you back Bill.
August 01, 2012 06:41PM
Hey Bill glad to see you back too.

Can you tell us if AT-5 has made any improvements in their formulation to include "nano-technology?"

Would like to know how that improves an already superior product?

Bud Abraham
August 02, 2012 02:04AM
Glad your back.
August 09, 2012 02:03PM
So Bill......What have you been up to since your vacation from the forum? Detailing much? What other forums are you posting on?
August 09, 2012 03:40PM
Pro Techt

When asked I will do work, but the business has changed so much that I am losing interest.Being a detailer is a term for a profession that has little meaning to most people. Here is a ad I saw recently that makes my point:

Opening available for an automotive Porter/Detailer. We are a busy repair shop, and looking for a fast paced individual with interest in auto. This is a full time job with benefits, must pass pre employment screening. Email the link above with work history.

Compensation: $8.50/hr
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Unfortunately, everyone now is a detailer and driving down prices to get work that it is now not worth doing anymore. Working for a dealership is no bettter given their time constraints per vehicle, and what they pay for it.

When a vehicle is dirty it requires time to do the job right, so that is why I have pushed protection over a shiny vehicle.
Protect it before the damage occurs.It just cuts time needed down the road.Some people like to detail their vehicles religiously, but most do not. They want a nice looking car, but do not know how to do it or want to themselves.

As I said before, no one has a clue what chemicals are used in the average wax or polysealant. All most people can only rely on is the what the label says the product does, the cost of the product, or how easy it is to use.

Applying coats of products that offer a temp shine, but without considering the consequences of removing them latter on is given little thought by detailers IMO. Also, what little protection they offer besides shine and water beading.

I have only posted one post on other forums. Here it is since you asked.

[fullsizechevy.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login