Buffer Bill

How to Wax a Car?

Why complicate things, waxing a car is simple:

a. You use either a liquid wax; a creme wax or a liquid wax
b. Apply it to a sponge pad and apply by hand to all painted surfaces or,
Apply to painted finishi in lines and move it around with an orbital waxer or
Apply it to the orbital waxer pad and spread it around or,
Use a dual action tool
c. Wipe off with two microfiber towels (you have two hands).

Really very simple, why complicate an otherwise simply process.

Regards
Re: How to wax your car
September 04, 2012 05:23PM
Bud

Once again, you see only what you want to see. Let me help you. Did you listen to this person mention why not to apply wax on plastic? He states it will ruin the plastic by making it lighter. Also, he states that if the wax is too hot it will crack the paint.

Your quote:

Really very simple, why complicate an otherwise simply process.

I get the process fine, but wonder what is so great about wax besides the shine.
September 04, 2012 11:57PM
If the wax is too hot it will crack the paint?

What kind of statement is that?

I have never used a "hot" wax out of a can or bottle, so there is no worry about cracking the paint.

Ketch what do you think about this?

Bud ABraham
September 05, 2012 01:08AM
What do I think?
I think that if one spends time trying to make a pig happy, you end up dirty and muddy, and only the pig ends up happy.
Wax will not "crack" paint under normal conditions", that is a whole different concern, has to do with several variables in the paint chemistry.
And, not said, by the "super expert" regarding todays or past paint systems, are they addressing old or current refinish, or is the subject matter current or a few years back OEM paint finishes, it goes on and on?
Just the same old stuff over and over again.
Does the person have access to the the paint history, through the various manufacturers of their paint concerns and what created them?
No creditionals, no real education, none by any paint supplier, none by I-CAR's training program, none that are affilated with any of the many vehicle manufacturers or their paint engineering groups.
Same old, same old, just spout off some "I have been polishing cars, etc" stuff.(yeah, my grand mother had sex, several times, but that doesn't make her an expert on sex)
"Look at my You-Tube video's, see how great this product and what I do makes it better than the afore mentioned sources"!
Like that really means anything other than an "ego feeding frenzy"?
Grumpy
September 05, 2012 11:48AM
No creditionals, no real education, none by any paint supplier, none by I-CAR's training program, none that are affilated with any of the many vehicle manufacturers or their paint engineering groups.
Same old, same old, just spout off some "I have been polishing cars, etc" stuff.(yeah, my grand mother had sex, several times, but that doesn't make her an expert on sex)
"Look at my You-Tube video's, see how great this product and what I do makes it better than the afore mentioned sources"!
Like that really means anything other than an "ego feeding frenzy

Ron
Once again, the same old logic based on nothing.

(yeah, my grand mother had sex, several times, but that doesn't make her an expert on sex)

Well, because you worked for two companies that sold waxes and poly sealants does not make you a expert on protection either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 01:45PM by detailer.
September 05, 2012 04:01PM
What kind of statement is that?

I have never used a "hot" wax out of a can or bottle, so there is no worry about cracking the paint.

Ketch what do you think about this?

Bud

The guy says that when you apply wax to a hot paint finish it will crack the paint. By the way, can you do anything without asking Ron's opinion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 10:00PM by detailer.
September 06, 2012 02:17AM
Based upon the results of several testings done by SAE, in conjunction with BASF, DuPont, PPG, Ingersall-Rand, Ford, GM and Chrysler, and myself, resulted in a SAE paper on the "heat subject and how it affects modern base/clears", no damage will start until the paint substrate is subjected to a temp of over 145F for longer than aprox 2 minutes.
That said, it was in the matter of "buffing" of modern paint systems. Not normal exposure to heat from sun, etc.
The actual max temp for a modern paint system subjected to air temps will vary between 200F and 250F, then the resin system starts to break apart, or at least according to the SAE findings.
September 06, 2012 03:00AM
Ketch22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Based upon the results of several testings done by
> SAE, in conjunction with BASF, DuPont, PPG,
> Ingersall-Rand, Ford, GM and Chrysler, and myself,
> resulted in a SAE paper on the "heat subject and
> how it affects modern base/clears", no damage will
> start until the paint substrate is subjected to a
> temp of over 145F for longer than aprox 2
> minutes.
> That said, it was in the matter of "buffing" of
> modern paint systems. Not normal exposure to heat
> from sun, etc.
> The actual max temp for a modern paint system
> subjected to air temps will vary between 200F and
> 250F, then the resin system starts to break apart,
> or at least according to the SAE findings.

Ron
What are you talking about here? Sounds impressive, but ?????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 12:26AM by detailer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login