Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Detailing Isn't Rocket Science"

Posted by buda 
"Detailing Isn't Rocket Science"
September 28, 2012 02:33PM
We often hear it said that, "detailing is not rocket science," like it is easy, anyone can do it.

The way I would reply is, "no it is not, it is harder than rocket science."

Why, because to penetrate space scientists need to only master the immediate laws of math and physics. Simple. So simple, in fact the basics are taught in high school.

Operating a detail business, on the other hands, developing the business plan, establishing the location, marketing, pitching, selling, negotiating, closing, etc, not to mention all the technicalities of the work and knowledge of all the materials in a vehicle demands an understanding of a great many things and how to influence the forces that effect the customer's decision making. Obviously to succeed in the detail business you have to know what you are doing.

Just some well intentioned thoughts to consider.

Bud Abraham
Re: "Detailing Isn't Rocket Science"
September 29, 2012 02:17AM
How many 60 years plus people still do detailing for a living? Its not a easy job.
September 29, 2012 05:27AM
It is not the physical part of detailing that I was referring to, but you are correct it is physically taxing work. But if one is in good shape no problem.
September 29, 2012 04:43PM
61 in june and still going strong!

Not that I wouldn't love to slow down and spend more time with my grand kids.

But until things change in Washington I keep buffin' the Boats and RVs
September 30, 2012 04:40PM
Most of us who are still working past 60 are "driven by poverty."

The way Romney is stumbling and bumbling in his campaign it looks like we are going to be stuck with 4 more years of Obama-Biden.

Too bad.

Bud A
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login