Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CLAY TOWEL vs WIPES

Posted by buda 
CLAY TOWEL vs WIPES
November 26, 2012 01:36AM
There have been a couple of new products introduced to the industry to replace the clay bar, in recent months, and it seems the jury is out amoung detailers as to which one is the best.

Among you detailers out there who have tried both products or even those who have tried or only using one or the other what is your opinion and why?

The seeming down side of the CLAY TOWEL is that it is quite expensive at this point. But claims are that you can get 50 cars from one CLAY TOWEL.

Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Regards
Bud Abraham
Re: CLAY TOWEL vs WIPES
November 26, 2012 02:08AM
I tried the clay towel and it works great , but the expence takes it out of the average detailer. the pro on the other hand would find it a very useful tool.
November 26, 2012 09:59PM
I've used the towel a bit and its great. I would use it mostly on fast exterior maintenance and polish packages. For more intensive details, Clay is definitely still required. The towel doesn't clean as deeply.

Mind you, the Valugard ABC process is the best when used with a clay bar. In my opinion, anyway. I use the clay with the B stage.
December 28, 2012 05:50PM
Great News for those of you interest in the TOWELS and WIPES as an alternative to the clay bar.

DETAIL PLUS has a new technology, an "elastic polymer media" that is totally different than clay and totally different than the material on the clay towels and clay buffing pads.

This elastic polymer media comes in three grades: heavy, medium & light. It lasts much longer than the current towels on the market and certainly longer than a bar of clay.

BEST of ALL... our towels and wipes are much less than the clay towels on the market which are selling from one supplier at $32.95 and another at $54.95.

The POLI-TOWEL will sell for $19.95
The POLI-WIPE will sell for $12.95

Anyone interested contact me personally buda@detailplus.com

Regards
Bud Abraham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login