Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2002 Milwaukee 7" adjustable speed polisher...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
Milwaukee has just introduced their 2002 adjustable speed polisher to their new line of products.

The new specs are as follows:

7" capacity

Trigger and dial speed control 0-2800 rpm.

11 amp. Double insulated.

Balanced, powerful, rugged.

Self stopping long life brush system.

This is the same type of polisher that Toddco recommends for a rotary polisher. We have been using ours for many years.

We have also done testing with the DeWalts, Makitas & nothing compares with the Milwaukee or comes close to their class.
Re: 2002 Milwaukee 7" adjustable speed polisher...
January 22, 2002 12:56AM
any lighter this time around? regardless, the longest lasting buffer that can be bought, in my opinion!
January 22, 2002 05:51AM
Any price on that yet?
Any chance you caught the model number?

thanx
Go to www.coastaltool.com, the price is around $185.00 I believe.
Dan
January 22, 2002 08:14AM
WHat is "Toddco"?
January 22, 2002 06:03PM
I went to www.coastaltool.com
I looks like they only list the old model.

But I went to
[www.mil-electric-tool.com]
Specifically
[www.milwaukeeconnect.com]
And they have it, here's the scoop.

New!!!
Item 5540 7 in. Polisher
Milwaukee Polishers are built with a powerful 11 amp motor that provides plenty of power to maintain the right speed. A trigger speed control switch allows speeds of 0-2800 rpm. This versatile model will accept 7 inch or 9 inch accessories. A spindle lock for convenient, quick accessory changes is standard. A Quik-Lok cordset allows quick detachment of the cord from the tool for tangle free carrying and storage. Built for a long life this tool includes helical gearing, all ball and roller bearings and an aluminum gear case with protective urethane bumpers. Includes one 7 inch rubber backing pad, disc nut and nylon washer.

Product Features

Powerful 11 amp motor, AC only
Trigger speed control, 0-2800 RPM
Spindle lock for convenient accessory change
Aluminum gear case with protective urethane bumpers

Old!!!
Item 5460-6 7/9 in. Dial Speed Control Polisher
Exclusive MILWAUKEE electronics provides speed control in this powerful 11 amp polisher. A Spindle lock provides convenient accessory changes. Self-stopping long life brush system minimizes down time. MILWAUKEE's exclusive Quik-Lok cord provides instant field replacement for damaged cords. This polisher, when used with the Foam Pad accessories, is ideal for the clearcoat finishes of today's' cars. The combination is designed specifically to run cooler and reduce swirl marks.

Product Features

11 amp, 0-1700 RPM: AC only
Exclusive electronic speed control - ideal for clearcoat finishes.
Spindle lock for convenient accessory change
Quik-LokĀ® detachable cord

No prices listed for them
January 22, 2002 07:05PM
I'm not sure if I read this right.
Do both of the above models have a dial speed control?
Is the trigger variable speed?

Thanx
Dan
January 23, 2002 04:20AM
Not all Milwakee models have the dial speed control, I would definetaly make sure you are getting the right one when its time to order, whats up, where ya been?!
Dan
January 24, 2002 05:31AM
been hangin' low......to cold to do any detailing for me. Didn't get my shop cleaned out to get anything in it to work on. Job is to going also....so I didn't persue detailing much. I'm hoping to get back at it this spring. That's why I'm thinking about a buffer.

Yourself....what'cha been up to?
Dan
Re: Dan
January 24, 2002 08:11AM
Maaaaann, working 2 weeks straight no day off!!! Its alright though. Talk to you later, when I get more time and energy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login