Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My first Porsche

Posted by turboman 
My first Porsche
January 28, 2002 12:39PM
Well guys I did my first Porsche over the weekend. 1999 Carerra/ 6 speed/ This was the car I ever did that you needed two keys to start. it came out great, (the best part was driving it!!) Can someone tell me what the best way is to clean those DEEP wheels on these exotics? I cut the hell out of my hand reaching inside the wheels from the Brake disc. Since I have big hands it makes it difficult to get in there. I was thinking about a wheel brush next time. any secrets from the pro's? Ever since I have targeted high profile clients, I have been getting some great cars. it sure beats the hell out of the mini-vans with the fries under the deats........turboman

Re: My first Porsche
January 28, 2002 01:38PM
Just remember that all you want to do is just treat the vehicle like anyother vehicle. Forget about the price tag of a high exotic, in turn you will be so careful that you might make a costly mistake. As for the driving, remember the liability issue unless your bank account can be able to take any misfortune if you happen to get loose with this type of car. Enough with the school lesson. Just be careful.

As for your deep backset wheel issue, you will have to use some long soft bristle brushes to get behind the brake calipers. We normally clean these wheels from both sides of the wheel & work our way throught the middle. Good Luck with your exotic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login