Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Inside Of Doors

Posted by Daniel Stehm 
Inside Of Doors
January 29, 2002 04:28PM

Gentlemen,

I have learned a great deal from observing forums like this,and I do appreciate a professional detailer,taking the time to answer what to him or her might be ignorant questions,by us the novices.

I have a 98 4 runner Ltd.That is my pride and joy,and I take very good care of her,Some have said that I should remove the plastic/rubber protection caps on the side of the door,and flush out any dirt that might prevent the drain hole,from allowing water to exit,well my speaker panel (factory) is also located in this area,so what is the scoop on flushing out the insides of doors.
Re: Inside Of Doors
January 29, 2002 05:41PM
Use a pipe cleaner regularly to keep the drain holes open. Remove the caps only to spray a little WD40 inside to help fight moisture.
January 29, 2002 06:16PM
In the winter, I use the drain holes to spray as much WD-40 into the doors as I can. In the summer, If I'm feeling adventurous, I take off the door panels, heavily spray the lower half of the door with Castrol Super Clean, scrub with a paint brush and rinse. Once it's dry, I spray a light coat of WD-40 back inside.

If I'm not feeling quite so industrious, I just spray a ton of WD40 up through the drain holes & any other opening in the door, and let the fresh WD40 flush away what it can.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
January 29, 2002 07:52PM

Don,

Thank you very much for the quick response,and answer,I will do as you have stated.
January 29, 2002 07:54PM

Thank you very much for your quick response,and I will start using exactly what you told me..

Thanks,Again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login