Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Polishers

Posted by Daniel Stehm 
Polishers
January 29, 2002 08:22PM

Some of you Professional Detailers,say to use the Milwaukee,and I have been hearing so much about the porter cable # 7424,I realize that 1 is a 6" and the other is a 7",but why so much hype over the Milwaukee,I have yet to see where I can order the velcro backed acc.for the Milwaukee.but it is readily available for the 7424. What do you Pro's have for opinions,as I appreciate your skills,and knowledge.
Re: Polishers
January 29, 2002 10:21PM
the porter-cable is a good machine, but it is not the workhorse that the milwaukee is. the reason you don't see the velcro backing plates advertised is because this is a product aimed at and designed for professionals or experienced detailers. these plates are pretty much generic and fit just about all rotary buffer threaded shafts/spindles and are all over the place. the porter-cable is aimed at the consumer/professional market and that is why you see much more advertising on those accessories. i would stick with the porter-cable(orbital)if you don't want to burn your paint,trim etc. due to inexperience with the rotary.the rotary has tons more torque and builds up much more heat. any detail site should have the rotary backing plates or pads available. try a search for malco,car brite, top of the line etc.. any detail company or equipment supplier.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login