Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No Protection needed

Posted by turbomangt 
No Protection needed
September 12, 2003 12:11PM
<HTML>I had a meeting yesterday at the Lotus dealer regarding my paint sealant program. The service manager was in on it and he said (in front of the sales manager and owner) that the Lotus Rep told them that their cars don't need any wax or sealant on them. He says they have all the protection they need from the factory. I had a challenge after I heard this. Bottom line, I think I convinced him on my views but they still want to contact Lotus again about this. Later on the sales manager approached me and said he thought I was correct and agreed to set up a meeting with his sales staff in which I will have the opportunity to motivate his staff about selling it. Wonder what kind of Magic finish you get for 90 grand on a new Lotus, Gary</HTML>
Re: No Protection needed
September 12, 2003 01:56PM
<HTML>I found that most people find that the way a vehicle looks after 4-5 years without any protection is acceptable.

Paint now day is the most durable it has ever been. And most really don't look too bad even if left unprotected for a few years. Of coarse they're not to a detailers standards but most people accept it.

Think of all the clients this salesman is "informing" about their vehicles not needing protection.

Ask him about the rubber, plastic, trim, leather on the same vehicle. What "super" materials are they made from? LOL!</HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------

Plays in the rain --- www.SuperiorShineDetailing.com
September 14, 2003 06:21AM
<HTML> Hey I have heard this too in my town. The local Checy truck people are selling the new trucks and telling people they NEVER need waxing. Several people are repeating this to me have been told they will never have to wax the new Chevy paint sue to its clearcoat.

What a crock or crap! lol
John</HTML>
September 20, 2003 03:04AM
<HTML>I would like to be a fly on the wall during that meeting! Hope it goes well.</HTML>

The problems of yesterday have produced the blessings of today.
Lot-A-Details, In Seattle
October 14, 2003 09:56PM
<HTML>I heard the same thing about the new Lexus models.</HTML>

Take care,

Brian
Precision Auto & Marine

Learn to detail boats! Visit www.detailtheboat.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login