Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

triple SU carbs

Posted by W. Aymard 
triple SU carbs
October 23, 2003 07:24PM

Does anybody knows if it is posible to transfer a set of triple su carbs from a 420G to a 1969 XKE 2+2?

Thank you for the replies
Re: triple SU carbs
November 25, 2003 05:03AM
I have seen this topic discussed on the Jag Lovers E-Type Forum, and as I remember the manifold is angled slightly differently and will cause the carbs to hit the bonnet or something (I think). You can check the archives if you join. It may take a few days to get access. address is: www.jag-lovers.org/ go to forums, E-Type. If no topic is running, then access the archives and type in a search.

Rod Melendez
June 17, 2004 12:34AM

Dear W.A. Don't even think about it. You can buy from Burlen Fuel Systems of Salisbury UK the proper carbs and manifold and this is the right thing to do!
June 19, 2004 09:26PM
Rod is correct here, the manifold is different and the oil damper top is longer, this causes them to hit the bonnet, there are some other differeces as well. This has been discussed on J-L it is a lot of hassle to get right.
You would be better to get the correct ones from Burlen or check ebay UK and USA as they come every now and again.

Dave
October 26, 2004 09:31AM
Does any one know if it posible to fit the triple SU carbs from a mk 10 3.8 into a 4.2 series 2?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login