Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Info Please

Posted by S. Southward 
Info Please
January 24, 2003 06:28PM
What is the difference between the '67 hard top and the '67 coupe? I have yet to recieve a good explanation so I was hoping someone here could help.
Re: Info Please
January 24, 2003 08:08PM
Here's a good definition... when you wind down the window of your door... there will be a "frame" around the door to which the window will go into,this is a coupe, a hardtop will not have this "window frame" A couple will have whats knows as a "post" between the quarter window(back) and the door window, When both the door and the quarter windows are both down on a hardtop it will be one open "hole " basically where as the coupe will have the window track or frame and or a structual member.... hope this helps, correct me if i'm wrong....Joe
<b>Re: Info Please</b>
January 25, 2003 11:53PM
<HTML>Here is how I differentiate a coupe and a hardtop:

To define a hardtop, think of a convertible with a "removeable" hardtop. As J. C. said, a hardtop does not have a frame around the door window and neither does a convertible with a hardtop. Hardtops also tend to look like convertibles with removeable hardtops attached.

Regards,

Paul Pollock
WebCars! Webmaster
[web-cars.com<];
February 27, 2003 09:49PM
Actually, I was under the impression that the hardtop had the post, but not the coupe. I'm basing this on the fact that I have a '66 GTO Sport Coupe (code 17), and there is no post.
February 27, 2003 09:58PM
Disregard that last post, since I'm a moron and all. I was reading the wrong numbers on the website. Hardtop=no post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login