Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

74 GTO For Sale

Posted by Terry Mitchell 
74 GTO For Sale
February 01, 2003 05:07AM
I recently bought a car for my son for his senior year in high school. It was advertised and he saw it and said it was what he wanted. After I got it, it is a beast with power and I just don't think he should drive it. I thought about keeping it as it becomes an antique next year, but need a practical vehicle for him.
It has a 400 cu. in. small block engine and looks very good. Has chrome alternator, Edlebrock( I beleive ) valve covers, also chrome, 650 Holley carb., 3 electric fans with a nice looking radiator, hose is a stainless mesh with red screw ends, trickle flow headers hooked to Glaspak exhaust. Also has traction bars. Do not know cam size, but is not stock. Previous owner stated the mileage of 39500 +/- is actual and after looking at the floor pans and the rest of the underside I think it is correct.
Color is " Blood-Red "with clear coat finish. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say it is an 8. Previous owner had numerous trophies he had won with this car. Interior is very good except for drivers seat. It has a 6 inch seam separation that I'm told can be recovered locally. It is black diamond pattern.
This car is 3 speed automatic with B. F. Goodrich tires, maybe 60-70%. This car will fly and do it in a hurry ! Also has excellent Crager wheels. Bumpers are very good. I think it needs a stall convertor. When shifting the car bumps more than I would have been able to get used to, although I'm told it is supposed to be that way. If I had kept it , I was going to put Flowmaster mufflers on it.
Things it needs are about 5 or 6 places need to be repainted. They are chips the approx. size of a dime on exterior at places like corners of door and trunk lid. They do not appear to be rust but where they were hit or scratched. Paint is about 2 years old.
In the GTO circles, I beleive this would rate very high. Asking $15000
Re: 74 GTO For Sale
February 21, 2003 07:05AM
Let the son keep the car =)~
Re: 74 GTO For Sale
February 22, 2003 05:05AM
Indian giver?...lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login