Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How Do You Reset The Oil Change Light Gto 2005

Posted by fgarcia 
How Do You Reset The Oil Change Light Gto 2005
October 28, 2007 08:57PM
Question, How can u reset the oil change light for a Pontiac GTO 2005....

Thanks for the Help
Re: How Do You Reset The Oil Change Light Gto 2005
February 20, 2009 05:56PM
I have a 2004 and it's a piece of cake. Look in your owners manual and it should
tell you how to do it. If I remember correctly, when the light is on, you press the thottle to the floor with the ignition to the on position(engine not running ofcourse), and after a few seconds it re-sets itself.

If you manual does not tell you how, let me know because I have a factory service manual which you might want to get if you do your own work. Helm, Inc sell them for GM, Honda and many others. Their phone number is...800-782-4356

Hope this helps,

Paul
Re: How Do You Reset The Oil Change Light Gto 2005
February 21, 2009 04:26AM
GM Oil Life System Resetting

How to Reset the Service Engine Oil message

When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A SERVICE ENGINE OIL SOON message will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.

If the system is ever reset accidentally, change the engine oil at 3000 miles (5000 km) since last oil change.

After changing the engine oil, reset the system by performing the following steps:

With the engine off, turn the ignition key to ON.
Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
Turn the key to LOCK.
If the Service Engine Oil message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login