Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vespa 400 for sale

Posted by daveraab 
Vespa 400 for sale
January 08, 2008 03:19AM
I went looking for a Vespa 400 and ended up with two. I don't need two,so I am selling one. It is not quite ready for sale yet. A new paint job and a new interior was completed before I bought it. They did a nice job, not a concours job, but a very nice job. It was not running when I got it. I have fixed the electrical system, rear shock absorbers, bumpers and a few other items. Still sorting out a few last things.

It starts and runs good. The transmission needs a new 1st gear. It drives and shifts just fine, but first gear does make some noise. I think Larry Newberry stated he rebuilds them for about $800.00. You should have a very nice daily driver just fixing the transmission. In order to make a concours restoration, you would have to strip everything down and start over. To have a very nice presentable car, just the transmission needs to be fixed. Keep in mind that this car is about 50 years old and the mechanicals have not been freshly rebuilt to the best of my knowledge, but has been worked on over the years. It has 29K miles on it. The truth is my wife wants me to keep this car over the other one, but it is my hobby. The car is light blue.

So if you are almost ready to buy a Vespa, let me know and I will get you some pictures and more information. I am thinking $12,000 right now. I arrived at that price because I think a concours restored Vespa is worth over $20,000, so for considerably less you can buy this one. The car is located in Southern California.

David Raab
daveraab@aol.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 05:51AM by daveraab.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login