Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Low Beams- 70 GTO

Posted by Robert David 
Pontiac GTO Masthead

Return to

[   Pontiac GTO   |   WebCars! Home   ]

Attention Pontiac GTO Enthusiasts

WebCars! is constantly updating the Pontiac GTO Web site

We would like to include photos of Pontiac GTOs belonging to message board participants
High resolution photos from all years and body styles are welcome.
Please send what you have to the WebCars! Webmaster at paul@web-cars.com.
Thank you and we hope you enjoy the WebCars! Pontiac GTO Forum
Low Beams- 70 GTO
November 09, 2002 01:10PM
OK it was raining the other day and my Low Beams - both of them stopped working, on the very off chance both bulbs burned out at the exact same time - yeh I know.... I replaced them both- still NO Low beam ... so next I put in a newer dimmer switch- nada..... (All 4 High Beams do still work as do the parking light, etc.- just no lows.) Where do I start troubleshooting wise? HELP!
Re: Low Beams- 70 GTO
November 09, 2002 02:31PM
You will have to get yourself a electrical tester(12 volt)& with the light switch on trace back the wires to see were the power stopsas indicated by the little light in the tester.. you have a bad wire or connection somewere. Should be easily found with the tester. Good luck. Rick
Re: Low Beams- 70 GTO
November 14, 2002 09:19PM

I used a test light and determined the following:
on the console (head light switch) I have power running out of that switch to all three color coded wires that run down to the floor dimmer switch- colors are Blue- Brown- Green.
However at the dimmer switch plug on the floor I only get a positive current test to the one Blue wire- the other 2 that run into the connector are dead- these wires also run back behind
the fuse box.... I also see where it looks like there was some melting around the two (green-Brown on the plastic plug - where the dimmer switch unit plugs into- do I splice into them to see if they are live at all- or what???? ???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login