Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

66 GTO Glove Box Lock

Posted by rz0bwr 
Pontiac GTO Masthead

Return to

[   Pontiac GTO   |   WebCars! Home   ]

Attention Pontiac GTO Enthusiasts

WebCars! is constantly updating the Pontiac GTO Web site

We would like to include photos of Pontiac GTOs belonging to message board participants
High resolution photos from all years and body styles are welcome.
Please send what you have to the WebCars! Webmaster at paul@web-cars.com.
Thank you and we hope you enjoy the WebCars! Pontiac GTO Forum
66 GTO Glove Box Lock
March 22, 2007 01:26AM
Hello fellow GTOers!! This is Big Mike writing from Sterling Hts, Michigan....have had a beautiful 66 tri power, 4 speed GTO, fire engine red, car since I bought it in 1993....guess what? I could never get the glove box open!!! The lock was jammed/broken and I tried every gadget I could to open it but no luck...forgot about it for 13 years....then last month I had a locksmith come out and he worked on it for about 20 minutes or so and voila!!! We got it opened....holy smokes my original 1966 owners guide was in there! I was overjoyed to find an archive and get the box door open.....we had to order a new lock and just recently had it installed....small pleasures you get in life....I sat there when he finished and opened and closed that glove box door about 15 times...ha-ha....the new glove box lock we got from Originanl Parts Group.......cost about $32.00....not too bad...get this, the new lock was in an original GM parts box, it was "brand new" if you will from 1966....the box was a little faded, but the lock was "new", an original from 66....it was not af after market glove box lock. I am amazed anyone had a new lock from 66 that has sat in a box for over 40 years!!!!! Small pleasure.....also I switched from 10W30 motor oil to 10W40 and my car runs about 5-8 degrees cooler...a little thicker oil and it keeps the engine a little cooler.....also add a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas tank about twice a year....keeps water, gums and varnish out of the fuel system....a great product...been around for over 70 years....car idles very smooth with it.....good luck to all you Gee-Toe-Tigers.....Mike Hrabovsky.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login