Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Toddcos' recommended 9" polisher...

Posted by Toddco Bodywerkes 
www.coastaltool.com is now selling the Milwaukee 9" polisher for $189.00. This price is a steal for this adjustable speed controlled model #5460-6. This is the only polisher that we only use at the shop for all colorsanding & polishing with foam pads along with using real wool pads. This is the true polisher of choice.
Dan
Re: Toddcos' recommended 9" polisher...
December 18, 2001 06:45AM
Thats a good price, I think harbor freights got em for 199
Dan
December 18, 2001 06:51AM
You heard him, "God" has spoken
December 18, 2001 08:42PM
milwuakee will last forever, but my arms and shoulders won't. good buffer and very heavy.
Ok....... I still wonder what the advantages and disadvantages are between the 7" to a 11". I'm guessing the larger gets work done faster and the smaller one handles better?

thanx
You are exactly right with that one. It does take a lot of your body to get use to the weight of this machine. I really dread it when I have to do a vehicle that has a lot of oxidation to it or have to colorsand a whole vehicle. At the end of the day, my arms & shoulders feel like jello!
You hit the nail with the hammer on that one. The larger the pad, the more circumference you will be covering per square inch.
I haven't even used my Makita polisher yet, which I ordered at the same place (coastel tool) the salesman I talked to said the Makita is great. That is not what I'm hearing from you guys however......should I keep it and try it out, or return it before I put it to work........I do like the handle placement on top, since I'm backwards (a south paw) . Keep in mind I'm not doing this full time like most of you......thanks....turboman

I personally would take it back & get the Milwaukee model with the adjustable speed control. I think you would be much happier with that model for it's durability of contruction & most of all the respect of their reputation.

I have done testing with the Makita's & have had them burn out with me but this was what I was trying to do in conducting testing of a polisher. We use the polishers for hours at a time for grinding bodywork & mainly on polishing vehicles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login