Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Swirl marks

Posted by Steven C 
Swirl marks
February 05, 2002 09:55PM
After I wax the car, there are swirl marks everywhere? How do I get rid of it? Do I need to use some sort of Swirl reducer before or after waxing.

Thanks.
Re: Swirl marks
February 06, 2002 01:14AM
Make sure ALL cloths that touch the car are CLEAN and not washed with any kind of fabric softener (they leave tiny crystals that can scratch). Thoroughly wash and rinse the car before waxing.

A swirl reducing product will work if used properly (and probably more than once) before waxing.

Don M
'02 Cavalier LSSC
2200 DOHC
February 06, 2002 02:01PM
how about more info on what process you used/ products/ car/ prep.........????? that would help tm

February 06, 2002 08:38PM
i have a black 00 Integra.

First I wash Meguair's Gold class soap, dry w/ a chamois or a cotton towel.
Then I wax w/ one of the Meguair's wax (not the cleaner).

So do I use the swirl remover before waxing?

Thanks.
February 07, 2002 01:31PM
The problem you are having is the result of not going through the proper stages. YOu said you wash the car, then go directly to waxing. YOu are not prepping the car properly. The fact it is a late model car doesn't mean you can skip a step. What you do PRIOR to applying the wax is most important. After you clean the car during the washing stage, inspect it for other problems, like tar/bugs etc.....use a clay bar and or tar remover to get the problem areas. Then depending on your experience with buffers and such you can either go to a cleaner/conditioner, hand or machine. (make sure you use the right one for the process you pick) Next you might need a polish if you want a great shine. same thing, hand or machine. Then you are ready for the wax. also, you say you use one of the meguair's waxes, which one? #26/#7 glaze/ You might be using say a #3 and putting it on by hand when this product is designed to go on with a machine. so using the correct wax is also key to great results. I have found that black cars turn out great with p21s. try using a fiber towel when your done, I hope that helps you a little...tm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login