Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

High speed polisher and wax

Posted by oli 
oli
High speed polisher and wax
September 28, 2003 03:01AM
<HTML>I saw a short blip on a well known detailer on TV, and I noticed one of his people using the high speed polisher to apply the wax. I've always used the pc to lay down the wax and was wondering if there is any advantage or reason for using the high speed polisher as opposed to the pc?</HTML>
Re: High speed polisher and wax
September 29, 2003 02:21AM
<HTML>What is the pc? My understanding of using the High Speed Polisher is because it takes less time than to apply it by hand.</HTML>
September 29, 2003 03:49AM
<HTML>There is really no reason to apply wax by high speed buffer. In fact, you could increase the chances of swirling.

With a air powered 2lb Mini Orbital Waxer one man can wax an entire vehicle in 5 minutes with no hand work because the mini orbital reaches into all styling areas and under door handles, etc.

This is a trick of the wholesale detailers who often buff out a car with compound and then skip the swirl removing step and buff on the wax to fill in the swirl marks and scratches.

The only people I know who do this are detailers in wholesale shops or detailers in auto dealerships. They are not accountable as the car is sold before the wax washes off so they are home free unless they work in a carwash or a retail detail shop where the customer buys detailing services and will come back.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
<HTML>There is really no reason to apply wax by high speed buffer. In fact, you could increase the chances of swirling.

With a air powered 2lb Mini Orbital Waxer one man can wax an entire vehicle in 5 minutes with no hand work because the mini orbital reaches into all styling areas and under door handles, etc.

This is a trick of the wholesale detailers who often buff out a car with compound and then skip the swirl removing step and buff on the wax to fill in the swirl marks and scratches.

The only people I know who do this are detailers in wholesale shops or detailers in auto dealerships. They are not accountable as the car is sold before the wax washes off so they are home free unless they work in a carwash or a retail detail shop where the customer buys detailing services and will come back.

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda

Regards
Bud Abraham</HTML>

buda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login